Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts.
05:24 AM on 09/24/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Solid review, but the third paragraph confused me. It starts off with a sentence about "Just Exist," but everything else is about "To Write Content." It's like you left out a transition or something. Not really a big deal.
thanks for catching that - I was hacking and cutting and pasting a lot of different thoughts all over the place and the "what" was a placeholder for the actual song title. haha
12:08 PM on 09/25/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
thanks!
Great review. Really love this album, gets better with each listen
definitely agree
nice. I'll have to check this out.
yes, please do - it's an exceptional album
Fantastic review to go with a fantastic album. Can't wait to get deeper into it.
thanks man! the deeper you go into the album really shows off how diverse it is
I'm surely survived by that ;p good review man! ..and the record is priceless, the best material from TA so far.
totally - everything about it is A material
12:09 PM on 09/25/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
never thought this band would put out something i love, but they have. great album, great review
I'm the best
12:09 PM on 09/25/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I don't really like this band, but I streamed the new album anyway. It is very, very good, and I am impressed. Great review Drew, as per usual.
thanks - glad you checked out the album
12:10 PM on 09/25/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I was surprised to come on here and see this album rated so low by users..
it happens in every review thread
12:11 PM on 09/25/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
really liked that conclusion; i enjoy when you get caught up in what you write, it's when you do your best work
thanks darlin'
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Fantastic review, Drew. I'm sure will be seeing this on plenty of Top 10 lists (including mine).
oh yeah - it's definitely my #2
Drew Beringer
User Info.
Great album.

Parting > Horse > Survived
yikes
Drew Beringer
User Info.
but its not that different from their last one?? both are great.
I agree with your second sentence but I think this is just a lot more thorough and displays more depth (in the songwriting and lyrics) than any previous TA release
01:51 PM on 09/26/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
We are pretty much oil and water, fire and ice, on music. A comment like this really helps solidify my position on the album being the weakest in their discography. I'm not sure you care enough about (or even remotely respect) my opinions on this sort of thing, but if you ever wanted to have a friendly chat about it I'd be up for it.

I'm really interested in reading your top 10 of 2013 at the end of the year and seeing where we intersect. It's fascinating that we probably overlap on a lot of bands but also have such dividing tastes on others. It just showcases the true lack of monoculture, even within such a small space as this.
I do find that funny. I don't think you're a bad guy but yeah our opinions definitely don't match often even though we like almost the same genres.
01:52 PM on 09/26/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
drew, just realized you're working at backside now! I'm the one who will send all of your wholesale orders from Deathwish
yup!
05:51 PM on 09/29/13
Drew Beringer
User Info.
This album is definitely a grower, but those are the best albums. Lyrically it is almost void of any metaphors and wordplay that Jeremy is well known for. He pretty much explains that on "To Write Content" though. I was surprised to see there was no mention that "Non-Fiction" is partly "Steps", but slowed down. Just a lot of "and then the guitars came crashing down" kind of talk with some flashy adjectives. I really got nothing from this review. Also, just because there is a "talking" part in a post-hardcore song: it has to be Aaron Weiss right??? People said the same thing about Wildlife.

It's weird for me to listen to their first album and hear how pessimistic Jeremy sounded, how raw the recording was, and how they changed keys two and possibly even three times in a song. This isn't the TA that people may have been expecting, but that's not a bad thing. After all they are (and this album will cement them) in the top rungs of their genre. Oh, and I was stoked that the production on this was a lot more natural-sounding than on their last release.
thank you for your insight.

this is actually what I wrote about about Non Fiction: "The colossal build of “Non Fiction” is reminiscent of The Appleseed Cast and the finest example of Touché Amoré’s maturation as musicians. Steinhardt and Stevens needling guitar riffs pierce through the song’s sludginess."

see nothing about me saying the "guitars came crashing down" for that song I also wrote nothing about Aaron Weiss.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums