AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Two Cow Garage Tour Diary: Dispatch #2

Posted by - 09:19 AM on 09/25/13
Alt-country stalwarts Two Cow Garage are now halfway through their fall European tour. Frontman Micah Schnabel has written a journal about the tour experience. Dispatch #2 is available in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
09:19 AM on 09/25/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
TCG Tour Diary Dispatch #2. "Do you feel like I do?

Manchester, UK- Loaded an Ampeg 8x10 refrigerator can into the basement of the Bay Horse. The two kids standing in front were singing every word of every song before I could get them out of my mouth.

Cologne, DE- The smallest show of the tour so far but we still play great. I can feel our band getting tighter. Better. It's an amazing feeling. Hey! You! Go start a band! It doesn't matter if you're any good. The first moment you have when you it getting better is something I cannot explain but everyone should have the chance to experience.

Haarlem, NL Patronaat- It's weird with a band like ours. Different towns have completely different crowds. I love how some nights are tattooed punk rock kids and some nights are the older Replacement fans. Others found us earlier on when we had a bit of "country" in our records. Tonight was an older crowd but they were with us the whole night. I always find it interesting how people came across our little band from Ohio. I always tell people it means the world to us that they came to a show. I'm not lying. It really does mean the world to us.

Eindhoven, NL- I love the Netherlands and the Dutch people but this one was a little wacky. We played a Dutch Chili festival along with a Dutch Mariachi band who covered "Sweet Caroline". We had to follow that! You just can't follow it, man. Ya just can't. We did our damnedest though.

Bern, CH- Reitschule Roessli- this place was amazing. A once squat, turned music venue/ restaurant co-op. we don't often get three course meals from venues but it is a sweet victory when you do. We made some new friends here and really hope to get back soon.

Madrid, ESP- Rock Palace- this was the best show of the tour so far. An amazing crowd. Nights like these it's almost like the songs play themselves. It's so effortless and beautiful.

Estepona, ESP- Louie Louie- We're on the southern tip of Spain. There's a ferry here that takes you over to Africa in an hour. Uncharted territory for us. The show was a blast and we stayed in a villa next to the Mediterranean Sea. We woke up early today and walked down to the beach to swim. I've never swam in clear water like this that wasn't a swimming pool. Moments like these it blows my mind where these little songs have taken is. I barely graduated from high school. I wasn't supposed to see these amazing places. But here I am. Thank you.
09:35 AM on 09/25/13
michsuperior
b-side
User Info.
New album is great.
11:16 AM on 09/25/13
Christopher N
User Info.
This band rules.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates