Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
Is it time? Ask me something.
06:33 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
With this new release of Devotion, is there going to be a new full length album anytime soon?
We are workin on new music, but Vital is still our priority. Believe me, we won't leave you guys hanging for long.
06:37 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
In this thread or in te chat thread? Oh well I guess it wouldn't hurt to post in both.

To Anberlin: A lot of bands are against the use of "VIP upgrade packages" in which fans make a significant monetary investment to meet a band. However, on your two most recent tours, you guys have been a big proponent of this type of funding opportunity. Could you explain what you like about the "VIP package" idea and in what ways you try to make it worthwhile for the fans?

(would like to go to oct. 30 at Starland or oct. 23 at UT.)
It gives us a chance to actually spend more one on one time with our fans. If we just did an open meet and greet for a few hundred people, we wouldn't get to play cornhole with everybody.
06:38 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
2x10" is an odd choice for a vinyl format - why did you guys go that way for Vital?
We just wanted a double 10" vinyl. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
06:39 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
I've seen on twitter that you guys are playing some new songs you've never played at a live show and some old favorites from "the vault" that the band hasn't played in a while. I imagine you'll add "City Electric" to the setlist - care to elaborate anymore on the amended setlist for this tour? See you guys in Altoona, PA! Safe Travels out on the road until then!
We like surprises, so you'll just have to be patient. Haha
06:41 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
How does it feel to be on tour again?
Do you still feel the nervousness/anxieties that comes from performing live, or have you gotten used to them already?
We're really excited. It's been a while since we did a rock tour in the states, so I'm all ready to hit the ground running.
06:42 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
We going to hear any other projects from you guys soon? Sins? That one band with the UO guys that I really enjoyed, but name escapes me?
Nothing right now, but I'm sure something will happen on the side in the future.
06:43 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
what was the reason behind adding a much more electronic element to your music recently?
It just seemed to fit in the songs, but then again, we've had that element somewhere on almost every album since Blueprints.
06:44 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
Why did you decide to reorder the tracks on Vital and add in the new songs and b-sides for Devotion, instead of just attaching the new songs and b-sides to the end of the original song order of Vital?
We still wanted te album to end with God Drugs and Sex, so we decided to just make a new track listing.
06:45 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
Why did you decide to partner with Big3 for the release of Devotion?
Because they believed in Vital and our vision, so we felt it was a good fit.
06:47 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
I never have many good questions in these things so just wanna say how much I love and appreciate your music. Thanks for always keeping it real throughout all these years guys!
And we love and appreciate you too
06:49 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
If Anberlin were a video game, what kind of game would it be, and who would be the final boss?
It would be a Contra-esque game and the final battle would be a hoard of koalas led my an evil sloth.
06:49 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
Can I request a song for the Chicago show in a couple weeks?? It'll be my 5th time seeing you guys, but I still haven't been lucky enough to hear "The Haunting" live.
That seems doable. You'll just have to wait and seeee
06:50 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
Take each opening band on this tour. Name your favorite song from each band.

(for From Indian Lakes, "every song" is an appropriate answer). However, "every song" cannot be your politically correct answer.
I just heard them for the first time before this tour, so I don't know yet.
06:51 PM on 10/02/13
Deonberlin
Anberlin / Deon
User Info.
Me too. And my Sega Genesis. Joe Montana Sports Talk anyone?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos