No Avatar Selected
I'm really just having a hard time getting into Discanio's voice
I thought I was the only one.
02:05 AM on 10/09/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What an atrocious cover.
Good God. Looks like something taken from Psychonauts, if youve played that game.
05:52 PM on 10/09/13
Passion Man
User Info.
Veara's album is awful. Save Rock and Roll is pop - not pop punk. Man Overboard's new album was really boring. Put Yourself Back Together is an EP not an album - and it was pretty forgettable. ALFW is not out yet. Can't get into Mixtapes' singer's voice. Never heard of Firestarter, Save Your Breath, or Knuckle Puck.
forgettable? I thought "late nights in my car" and "I've given up on you" were easily some of the best songs they've done. You have to get a little emotional for the latter track especially.
05:55 PM on 10/09/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
forgettable? I thought "late nights in my car" and "I've given up on you" were easily some of the best songs they've done. You have to get a little emotional for the latter track especially.
Yeah but those are the only tracks on the EP worth returning to - so as a whole, EP was pretty meh. Like 6/10.

Those guys are really good live though.
08:20 AM on 10/10/13
johnbrauer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah but those are the only tracks on the EP worth returning to - so as a whole, EP was pretty meh. Like 6/10.

Those guys are really good live though.
Unpopular opinion, but I actually really dislike I've Given Up On You. The guitar melodies are pretty, but the vocals are way too nasally for me to find it poignant or take it seriously. It's too whiny for me to connect to.
11:20 AM on 10/10/13
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I have a mixed opinion about this record. I do like some of the songs and think they're catchy but there really isn't anything to make them stand out. I feel the re-recording of Remedy is way worse than from the EP but the re-recording of Critical is slightly better.

I probably won't listen to this much but I think it was a decent effort. I was just expecting something better.
12:46 PM on 10/10/13
DanHTM
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10/10 Flawless
09:01 PM on 10/11/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fucking album showed me my love for pop punk all over again
09:02 PM on 10/11/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you say that like you don't eat angst for breakfast

#ANGST

#ANGST #ANGST #ANGST #ANGST #ANGST
wow this is good
06:56 AM on 10/14/13
focusmusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is a vanilla record.
03:33 PM on 12/04/13
ThatDerekKid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After a first listen, this record kinda sucks.

I feel like the lead singer is trying to sound like Jeremy McKinnon and the songs are just too poppy for my tastes. Also can't differentiate one song from the other. Additionally, the production for this album is not very good. I feel like the guitars and Discanio's voice are trapped behind some sheen of generic pop punk PureNoise thing. There are simply pop punk records with a whole lot more heart than this. Just go listen to Ocean Avenue or something again.

The album cover's kind of nice, however. Although, I would've removed that out of place design at the bottom. But hey, what do I know?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos