AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Radio News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jason Of Go Radio Talks About His Future

Posted by - 04:49 AM on 10/08/13
Jason Lancaster (Go Radio, Mayday Parade) spoke with The Gunz Show about the breakup. He says he was completely caught off-guard that the band was going to release a statement, and he talks about the way everything went down. You can listen to it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 60
05:30 AM on 10/08/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I wish I got to see them live at one point, I still can't believe they've broken up. At least more music from Jason is something to look forward to.
05:33 AM on 10/08/13
slyzach
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wonder if there are any unheard recordings floating around...
06:00 AM on 10/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Pretty weird that he wasn't in the loop about a statement being released.
07:07 AM on 10/08/13
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Yeah, very strange.

Excited to hear songs written by Jason and only Jason though. I think they could potentially be some of his best.
07:15 AM on 10/08/13
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seems like the band felt Go Radio's plateau had been hit when CTD didn't do as well as projected and they wanted out if they all jumped into other bands so quickly. Side discussions taking place for awhile?

Regardless.. stoked for solo Jason material (or with a band). His songwriting is next to no one's in the genre and it would be a major loss to have that go away.
07:16 AM on 10/08/13
herestoyoufla
User Info.
Also, did he ever really say what the reason was? Or just that there was more to it then him getting married and settling down with his wife? He kept saying he wanted to "clear the air" but it almost made it more unclear to me, haha. I was also on AP while listening, so i might've missed something.
07:23 AM on 10/08/13
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
I love Jason Lancaster's work as an artist, but I do not get the love for Close The Distance. I like his earlier work better, both with Mayday Parade and the Do Overs-EP and Lucky Street.
07:42 AM on 10/08/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
I'll bet one Reese's cups 2 pack that he ends up back in mayday parade
07:51 AM on 10/08/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
I'll bet one Reese's cups 2 pack that he ends up back in mayday parade

If Mayday Parade hadn't just brought out a new album I could have seen that coming too.
07:58 AM on 10/08/13
herestoyoufla
User Info.
Definitely don't think he's trying to join Mayday Parade. That would make ZERO sense. If he's releasing another record it'll be a solo record i bet.
08:05 AM on 10/08/13
pschrade
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's unfortunate that there won't be a farewell tour, especially considering Go Radio never actually toured in support of 'Close the Distance.' Two support tours and Warped Tour don't quite cut it.
08:06 AM on 10/08/13
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
I can't listen because I am at work, but the reasoning behind the breakup is so he can spend time with his wife. Don't get me wrong I am excited for solo material, but does that mean he will not be touring for the album? Or is the "wife" excuse just his way of getting out of Go Radio?
08:06 AM on 10/08/13
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
Seems like Jason really just wants to hit it big. And I think he deserves that, but I hate that he didn't feel like Go Radio could get him where he wanted to be. His quote says he had "high hopes for Go Radio" and that it "broke his heart" that CLD didn't hit it big. Had a couple singles blown up to fun. or Paramore levels and you know that Jason would stay.

All that being said, I love Jason - loved him in Mayday and loved him with Go Radio. If he didn't feel like he could pay his bills with Go Radio then I think that's reason enough to change directions.
08:08 AM on 10/08/13
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.
I can't listen because I am at work, but the reasoning behind the breakup is so he can spend time with his wife. Don't get me wrong I am excited for solo material, but does that mean he will not be touring for the album? Or is the "wife" excuse just his way of getting out of Go Radio?
That was the reason listed in the band's statement, but apparently Jason had no idea they were releasing a statement. Jason is still in music and that he still plans on touring on whatever he ends up releasing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos