Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 84.
04:41 AM on 10/09/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
I'm afraid to give it a shot. I hate the album name and cover so much. But Panic! hasn't really disappointed me yet, as unpredictable as they are. I never really got into Vices so maybe I'll take a listen to that, then give this a try.
05:20 AM on 10/09/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
tired of these reviews always stating... "the finest piece of work" or "best music yet" these new albums from all of these old artist are at best average.
It's not something that I normally say and it normally irks me as well, but for this band I find Pretty Odd incredibly boring, Vices was rather forgettable and while I love Fever, that record is entirely different sound-wise from this one all together.
05:53 AM on 10/09/13
This Kills
This Will Kill You
User Info.
I like the album stylistically/instrumentally, but lyrically I think this is by far their worst. I'm hoping it will grow on me since I do love this band.

This, i appreciate what they did and stylistic is a great album but not quite what i was expecting.

Btw great review.
06:03 AM on 10/09/13
Tyler Dumont
@tylerdumont
User Info.
It's a good record, but ultimately I think that Vices was measurably better and had a really cool 80's theme and such, but never went full bore into it. Plus, I really liked the interludes between the tracks. Maybe this one will just need to grow on me…
06:05 AM on 10/09/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
My history with them is kind of weird I guess. I absolutely loveFever and find it ridiculously unique, creative, and innovative. I think Pretty Odd is ridiculously boring, and that Vices had potential and is a good record but rather forgettable. I really like the direction taken here and think that - between the vocal style and instrumentation - it is executed very well. One thing about them is that they have no desire to make the same record twice, which is very commendable in my mind. Unlike say Mayday Parade.
06:07 AM on 10/09/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
My history with them is kind of weird I guess. I absolutely loveFever and find it ridiculously unique, creative, and innovative. I think Pretty Odd is ridiculously boring, and that Vices had potential and is a good record but rather forgettable. I really like the direction taken here and think that - between the vocal style and instrumentation - it is executed very well. One thing about them is that they have no desire to make the same record twice, which is very commendable in my mind. Unlike say Mayday Parade.
Funny, I agree with Fever and would agree with PO if I hadn't revisited it a year or so ago and gotten really into it. The way you think about Vices is pretty much what I think about the new one. and I feel about that the same way you seem to feel about this. I agree with your last statement though.
06:29 AM on 10/09/13
This Kills
This Will Kill You
User Info.
Funny, I agree with Fever and would agree with PO if I hadn't revisited it a year or so ago and gotten really into it. The way you think about Vices is pretty much what I think about the new one. and I feel about that the same way you seem to feel about this. I agree with your last statement though.
I agree with you on Pretty Odd, at first listen sounded a little dull but it grown with me. I think V&V is a little better than this record because of the instrumentals and the lyrical content but it's great that they are so diverse.
06:34 AM on 10/09/13
j1887m
J1887M
User Info.
Downloaded the leak and was kind of upset I preordered. Album is a let down.First two songs were good, then the shit storm rolled in.
07:14 AM on 10/09/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
When I first heard it I was like "uh what?" But it's definitely grown on me immensely.
07:38 AM on 10/09/13
MrBenjaminQLee
I am adorable.
User Info.
This is probably my second favorite Panic! album. Vices & Virtues is a bit better. I like Pretty. Odd a little, but can't into Fever at all. This Is Gospel, Nicotine and Casual Affair are probably my favorites from the album.
08:15 AM on 10/09/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
I've had "Collar Full" on repeat since this came out—love that track.
09:03 AM on 10/09/13
OpenIntro
User Info.
God that final track is so damn good.
agreed. i enjoyed the album, but that last song i keep going back to.
09:41 AM on 10/09/13
oshyjay
User Info.
The first 3 sentences are my thoughts exactly on their previous work; but this album doesn't do anything for me. The only tracks I like are the first and last. The vocal effect on "This is Gospel" sounds like Copeland's "When You Return", so I can't help but love it.
09:55 AM on 10/09/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
I'm not 100% certain yet, but I'm pretty this album is awful.

You're not 100% sure if you're pretty or if the album is awful?
09:56 AM on 10/09/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Really enjoying this album, I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this release. If anything I feel like this is what AFYCSO might have sounded like if EDM and dubstep were as popular then as they are today.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests