Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 124
07:07 AM on 10/10/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I wouldn't call it punk, but I would call it terrific publicity.
07:09 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
Semantics
07:09 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
you guys need to have an elitist thing like p4k have. atleast review k-pop instead... g-dragons ew album is the best pop/rap album of 2013.

Sadly, my only exposure to K-pop is the non-western music class I took in college.

Haha I think I'm with you even if it isn't for the same reasons

I've just heard so many stories of him stealing songs from other writers or artists, suing people who claim he plagiarized, and just generally being an all-around shitty guy. I think his writing is generally derivative and generic anyway, but the fact that he's just an awful person makes me want to boycott pretty much everything he touches. I'm not a huge fan of Max Martin either, but his work bothers me a lot less than Luke's.
07:11 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
Sadly, my only exposure to K-pop is the non-western music class I took in college.

I've just heard so many stories of him stealing songs from other writers or artists, suing people who claim he plagiarized, and just generally being an all-around shitty guy. I think his writing is generally derivative and generic anyway, but the fact that he's just an awful person makes me want to boycott pretty much everything he touches. I'm not a huge fan of Max Martin either, but his work bothers me a lot less than Luke's.
Yeah I've heard rumblings about plagiarism from Dr Luke and my first thought is always "Yeah, he plagiarized himself! Bad-uh-tiss!"
07:19 AM on 10/10/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Haha true enough. I was surprised at some of the failures of the production on here. I expected to enjoy every single beat based solely on the names but it didn't end up happening.
Yeah, definitely not all bangers. Lot of weird shit not in the most banginest way.

I dunno, would say punk breaking out into larger mainstream appeal was heavily rooted in great publicity.
07:24 AM on 10/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah I've heard rumblings about plagiarism from Dr Luke and my first thought is always "Yeah, he plagiarized himself! Bad-uh-tiss!"
Haha, he does do that too. But like, the current Katy Perry single is a cobble job of three or four other songs, at least two of which came out this year and are currently on pop radio. He's not subtle at all, and he doesn't need to be, since most people will just blame the unoriginality on the artist. I just honestly can't believe people continuously work with him.
07:27 AM on 10/10/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Yeah, definitely not all bangers. Lot of weird shit not in the most banginest way.

I dunno, would say punk breaking out into larger mainstream appeal was heavily rooted in great publicity.
not my point whatsoever
07:33 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Haha, he does do that too. But like, the current Katy Perry single is a cobble job of three or four other songs, at least two of which came out this year and are currently on pop radio. He's not subtle at all, and he doesn't need to be, since most people will just blame the unoriginality on the artist. I just honestly can't believe people continuously work with him.
Why would people not work with him? He's proven again and again and again and again and AGAIN that his songs will be hits. Which in his line of work and for the artists that work with him is all that matters.
07:34 AM on 10/10/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
It is certainly working with the punk subculture's aesthetic.
07:39 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy

Why would people not work with him? He's proven again and again and again and again and AGAIN that his songs will be hits. Which in his line of work and for the artists that work with him is all that matters.

^^^

Somehow, I don't anticipate that as many of these artists have strong moral compasses to deter them from working with him haha. especially when i'm sure some of those artists he rips off will eventually get to work with him themselves.
07:41 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
^^^

Somehow, I don't anticipate that as many of these artists have strong moral compasses to deter them from working with him haha. especially when i'm sure some of those artists he rips off will eventually get to work with him themselves.

Our best bet is hoping he pulls a Scott storch and blows his fortune on cocaine and disappears forever
07:43 AM on 10/10/13
Guitar138
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hold on.......what has happened to this site?
07:45 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
Hold on.......what has happened to this site?
there's this thing called "range," we have it
07:45 AM on 10/10/13
Ryan Dennehy
Our best bet is hoping he pulls a Scott storch and blows his fortune on cocaine and disappears forever
I just looked up his production discog and did not realize he produced "Shutterbugg" this is a revelation
07:46 AM on 10/10/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
I just looked up his production discog and did not realize he produced "Shutterbugg" this is a revelation
Yeah i knew that haha but that's gotta be the last thing he did and it had been years since he did something worthwhile

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos