|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Johnny Neutrino and the Secret Weapon - 10.10.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Johnny Neutrino and The Secret Weapon
1. How did you get your band name?
My name is Johnny Neutrino, I have a secret weapon that will allow me to save rock and roll, enslave humanity and destroy the world.
2. How did this band get started?
I traveled from a distant future ruled by music that consists of auto tuned children singing the word "baby" over and over again, or the sound of vacuum cleaners and factory machinery. I traveled back in time to stop that future from happening with my 3 point plan. Step 1) Create a rock and roll band with songs so powerful that humanity becomes subservient to Johnny Neutrino and The Secret Weapon. 2) Enslave humanity. 3) Destroy the world.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by the greatest rock and roll bands in history. Everyone from Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, The Ramones, The Misfits, The Supersuckers, The Murder City Devils, Rocket From The Crypt, The Melvins, Hum, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Beach Boys, Oingo Boingo, David Bowie. We have taken a wide variety of influences and melded them together to create a rock and roll tidal wave of pure destruction!
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Rocket From The Crypt, if you don't know why then you are hopeless and should prepare to be enslaved.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Roasted pheasant served on a silver platter by naked ladies.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because it is for their own good. If people want to avoid eventual enslavement the should listen now!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Abdullah The Butcher.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Christian rock, we will destroy Christian rock. We will return rock and roll to its rightful unwholesome roots!
10. Memorable tour experience?
Most of our tour experiences are unsavory and potentially illegal and best not talked about.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Literally, it means absolutepunk.net - I'm not sure what you mean by this question. Perhaps my advanced future brain is too sophisticated for this primitive question.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Forgotten Frequencies, because every time it is played it increases the chances of summoning the deep one, our favorite destroyer Cthulhu.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Parisian sewers or Turkish prison.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
David Bowie, Alice Cooper, The Ramones, The Circle Jerks.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd like the powers of that kid from the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life" for obvious reasons. I'm also working in my secret lair on creating several new and interesting super powers including one I'm calling "murder brain," but you'll have to wait and find out what it is!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am an avid collector of pornographic hummel figurines called cummels.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think it is a wasteland of mediocrity. My band is far to important to languish on commercial radio.........unless they will pay me enough to finish.......my device.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Illegal experimentation, arcane rituals, evil.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
12:37 PM on 10/21/13
I agree, I am great. Thank you primitive earth human!
More From This Author