Username
Password
Third Eye Blind News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Third Eye Blind
Inside AP.net

Former 3EB Guitarist Awarded About $450k After Lawsuit

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/22/13)
Former Third Eye Blind guitarist Anthony Fredianelli was awarded nearly half a million dollars from a California jury, ruling that the band failed to pay him the tour income he was owed.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
04:47 PM on 10/22/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Man they did not see that coming. See what I did there?
04:50 PM on 10/22/13
brettrsd
User Info.
that's great...good for him. Can't believe Stephen skipped out 450k on him. Kevin Cadogan keeps posting about the old days, but if that included millions of dollars I'd still be talking about it too. Too bad I'm still a sucker and buy tickets to see 3eb with Stephen still....
04:52 PM on 10/22/13
Uilliam
boom, roasted
User Info.
I like that one song they did
04:56 PM on 10/22/13
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
that's great...good for him. Can't believe Stephen skipped out 450k on him. Kevin Cadogan keeps posting about the old days, but if that included millions of dollars I'd still be talking about it too. Too bad I'm still a sucker and buy tickets to see 3eb with Stephen still....
well they still have the original drummer too, and he is a solid piece of the band.
05:02 PM on 10/22/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I guess that's how it's gonna be.
05:03 PM on 10/22/13
brettrsd
User Info.
Just a follow up to any real bands/ jason or anyone else that talks to bigger bands that reads this post....how many bands incorporate and then employ themselves? I know the whole hire members by the week and on retainer and things like that (metallica for example, and green day), but what is the 'traditional' set up.

Even if bands are sharing the revenue, would a band like Brand New still pay Jesse Lacey more because he wrote and composed the songs? Each situation is different, I would just like to know the more likely set up for a band. I'm also interested in legacy things like royalties, merch, etc.
05:09 PM on 10/22/13
one eight two
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Even though Stephan's a douche I can't wait for the new album (assuming its actually going to come out at some point) (and that he doesn't rewrite the songs a million times and end up ruining them like some songs on Ursa Major
05:11 PM on 10/22/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
"You can also party on the lower level of the House of Blues with Lucky Boys Confusion on the Back Porch Stage! Grab your tickets Friday, Oct 25th at 10am!"
05:12 PM on 10/22/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
I might be at the LBC show, bummed I missed the Commitment shows
05:36 PM on 10/22/13
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Is that a cumulative amount of lost wages, or is the implication that he missed out on $450k from a single tour?
05:37 PM on 10/22/13
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
User Info.
i love how steven threatened to quit the band if they didnt sue the manager. total douche to his band and their fans
05:40 PM on 10/22/13
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
So I guess they're done now? They couldn't find the funds to release Ursa Minor, and now they have to give up half a mil. I can't see them continuing very happily now.
05:44 PM on 10/22/13
VinnyJ5
User Info.
Is that a cumulative amount of lost wages, or is the implication that he missed out on $450k from a single tour?

The only point that Fredianelli moved the judge on was his allegation that the band had failed to pay a full share of net touring income. That's the charge that went before a jury earlier this month.
Fredianelli won. The jury appeared to be sympathetic to the guitarist's plight. During deliberations, the jury's foreperson asked the judge whether they could consider awarding royalties too. Since the judge had already ruled it out, the jury was told no.
05:46 PM on 10/22/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Wait, you can't believe that Steven "only slightly less douchy than Axl Rose" Jenkins did something like this? =)
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums