AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Offspring News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Offspring Focusing on Singles vs Albums

Posted by - 10:18 PM on 10/24/13
The Offspring are going to be focusing on single releases instead of albums.
We’ve been working on a couple of singles, we’re not sure what we’re going to do with them yet, if we’re going to put them on the internet and send them to radio or whatever. As far as a full scale album there’s nothing in the works, if we do something it wouldn’t be until at least next year, but we’re still moving forward and still going to keep trying to put out new stuff.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
10:46 PM on 10/24/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
aside from the singles, their last album was the best thing theyve done since Americana.
10:47 PM on 10/24/13
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Last album got written off by many due to the singles but it's a solid album!
10:49 PM on 10/24/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
aside from the singles, their last album was the best thing theyve done since Americana.
No way. They wore their influences on their sleeve a bit too much.
10:49 PM on 10/24/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
That's been the trend of every single Offspring album I can think of ... the singles suck but the albums are pretty good.
10:52 PM on 10/24/13
open
well, fuck
User Info.
Gone Away is such a great song. That's really all I have to say about these guys.
11:46 PM on 10/24/13
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
I can agree with this. I enjoy the band, but the last 3 albums imo have been filled with 3 or 4 gems and a bunch of mediocrity. Rise And Fall is my favorite of their recent releases, but nothing can touch Smash, Ignition, Ixnay, or Americana. Those were great albums all the way through.
11:53 PM on 10/24/13
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
This band still rules.
12:26 AM on 10/25/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
That's been the trend of every single Offspring album I can think of ... the singles suck but the albums are pretty good.
Pretty much exactly how I feel about The Offspring. If you look past their singles they make some damn great songs.
01:47 AM on 10/25/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pleased to see some love for Days Go By. Slim Pickens is probably one of their best songs ever.

Not really sure how I feel about this though... the singles are generally the weakest parts of their albums, but there are some genuine gems (You're Gonna Go Far Kid) as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
05:34 AM on 10/25/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Their lead singles are always atrocious... so this is not a good sign.
06:32 AM on 10/25/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
I remember years back, Noodles commented the band would do ten albums and be done. It was likely a joke at the time, but I could see that being realistic now. They've already got nine under their belt and are approaching their fifties.
07:40 AM on 10/25/13
x-factor6
User Info.
they should be focusing on their lives. Just let it go, it's not the 90s anymore. They have the money/name to live off of for good.
07:56 AM on 10/25/13
circasurvivor
User Info.
08:35 AM on 10/25/13
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I don't reall like this idea because I like purchasing full albums, instead of on a song-by-song basis. Hopefully these single will have some sort of b-sides with them to make it worth it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos