AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 54 of 54
11:41 PM on 10/31/13
RazorCrusade
User Info.
Everyone who rated Musicianship at less than a 10 is as dumb as they are deaf.
03:32 PM on 11/01/13
Drægon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ruiner and Career Suicide are still the only albums I really like of this genre, despite trying to find some sound-alikes in college. (They led me to Crime in Stereo, but I barely got there before they drastically changed their sound. And, I like No Trigger sometimes). But it's like going to a restaurant you love and only ever ordering one thing. I'm a little past my prime of giving melodic punk bands the fair shake, but that's ok because this shizz is all the crazy I need at this point.

Real excited to listen to this.
Check out This is a Standoff and Belvedere, as well as Anchors for Arms.
03:53 PM on 11/01/13
DangerousDarrin
User Info.
I'm surprised you call Sassaquin a "lone misstep." It's one of the catchiest songs they've written in my opinion.

Love the album, great review!
04:16 PM on 11/01/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
After dozens of listens through at this point, I can't come to understand the praise for "Michael Douglas" in this review. IMO it's far and away the weakest song, and I've gotten the point where I skip it nearly every listen through. It might be the only AWS song that I dislike, like ever, haha. Different strokes, I guess.
04:24 PM on 11/01/13
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
After dozens of listens through at this point, I can't come to understand the praise for "Michael Douglas" in this review. IMO it's far and away the weakest song, and I've gotten the point where I skip it nearly every listen through. It might be the only AWS song that I dislike, like ever, haha. Different strokes, I guess.
Easily my favorite track. Just absolutely love that chorus and bridge. It's certainly not the most technical or interesting song, but I find it all to come together really well.
06:06 PM on 11/01/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Easily my favorite track. Just absolutely love that chorus and bridge. It's certainly not the most technical or interesting song, but I find it all to come together really well.

Yeah, it's not really the music that bugs me on that one, it's really more the vocals. There are thee separate parts in specific that stand out like sore thumbs to me, and totally draw my attention away from the song. Good thing there are 10 other songs that I love! Haha. Nice review, man.
10:10 PM on 11/03/13
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I think this may be one of those albums that everybody loves, but everyone has a different favourite and least favourite. Which is good because it obviously means the whole album is amazing, but could cause arguments.

For example my favourites are "Devil Don't Know" and "Number One" and the song I like least is "Gut Sick Companion" despite still thinking it's good.
11:38 PM on 11/03/13
CircaSin
The All-New 2014 Corolla
User Info.
You can grow out of punk, but you can't grow out of AWS. Been hooked on them for close to a decade.
02:48 PM on 11/14/13
Merkin
A Fine Evening For a Rogue
User Info.
Track 1 opener is Josie?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT