AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

VersaEmerge Change Name... But Release...

Posted by: Jack Appleby (10/29/13)
So apparently VersaEmerge are changing their name to VERSA because... I don't know. On top of that, they released their "last piece of content as VersaEmerge" - a video for "No Consequence" that was shot over a year and a half ago - it's in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
06:26 PM on 10/29/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
06:27 PM on 10/29/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I listened to Perceptions and VersaEmerge not long ago - my, how the mighty have fallen.
06:29 PM on 10/29/13
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
User Info.
They probably have to change their name because of FBR. I'm really hoping they are going back to a sound similar to what that had on Fixed At Zero, loved that album a lot.
06:29 PM on 10/29/13
esposimi
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45
User Info.
Like the video. Also, Fixed At Zero is still one of my favorite albums.
06:33 PM on 10/29/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They probably have to change their name because of FBR. I'm really hoping they are going back to a sound similar to what that had on Fixed At Zero, loved that album a lot.
Like the video. Also, Fixed At Zero is still one of my favorite albums.
What's a good track or three to check out from that album? It bored me to death when it originally came out - didn't live up to the EPs at all if you ask me. Still, willing to give it another listen.
06:33 PM on 10/29/13
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the hell is going on with this band?
06:38 PM on 10/29/13
esposimi
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45
User Info.
What's a good track or three to check out from that album? It bored me to death when it originally came out - didn't live up to the EPs at all if you ask me. Still, willing to give it another listen.
Figure It Out, Fixed At Zero, and Your Own Love. They were on World of Jenks too the last time they were on Warped Tour.
06:42 PM on 10/29/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
...welp.
06:42 PM on 10/29/13
morgantayler
We are all Tatiana Maslany.
User Info.
I'd say the title track, Mind Reader, Redesign Me, and Fire. That's four but I think it's a good mix haha, Redesign Me is a little slower than the others I listed. I prefer the album over the EPs, although I do like the S/T one a lot.
06:46 PM on 10/29/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
I guess you could say Versa…finally emerged
06:47 PM on 10/29/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to do FBR
06:47 PM on 10/29/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
Why the confusion with the news title? They had this video since last year but were finally able to release it. It's the last content as VE that will be released. Just change the title to "VersaEmerge Change Name to VERSA; Will Be Releasing New Music Soon".

I'm sure it's a a mix of creative (it's just two of them now and they stated they wanted the next album to be more spacey/ambient) and legal reasons. They were dealing with legalities for a long time, they mentioned more than once. I obviously don't know the details, but it seems that way.

What the hell is going on with this band?

What? They've changed their name to just VERSA and will be releasing new music as that name before the end of 2013.

Don't get all the confusion and negativity. They've been really clear.
06:48 PM on 10/29/13
AndrewSoup
It's A Secret To Everyone
User Info.
I listened to Perceptions and VersaEmerge not long ago - my, how the mighty have fallen.
I know, I love those EPs. Another Atmosphere was such a let down. This band has just fallen so far off my radar, I used to really like this band.
Also, I'd recommend Figure It Out, Redesign Me, and Mythology from Fixed At Zero. I still like that album, it's pretty much their last good release.
06:48 PM on 10/29/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
I hope not. It bored me. I think they wanted to go with a more atmospheric/spacey (and I don't mean the electro-rock they released last year either) sound with the new release and that's probably what will happen.

I know, I love those EPs. Another Atmosphere was such a let down. This band has just fallen so far off my radar, I used to really like this band. .

It was just a few songs and I'm sure they weren't happy with the end result of whatever LP did get done. That's why this has happened. I'd suggest you keep an eye out for the new music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests