Username
Password
Signing News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Signing
Inside AP.net

Capture the Crown Dropped by Sumerian Records

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/30/13)
Sumerian Records have announced they dropped Capture the Crown.
Weeks ago we announced we would be dropping a band. Everyone at Sumerian puts incredible amounts of time, energy and passion in to every band we work with and it's important that as we continue to grow, we have that same fire burning for each artist on the roster. We are now ready to let you know that we will be parting ways with Capture The Crown due to musical/creative differences. We wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 69
02:36 PM on 10/30/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
What an odd announcement.
02:40 PM on 10/30/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
Good move for Sumerian. Getting out while they still can.
02:41 PM on 10/30/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Is this the more popular "Crown" band or is that Crown the Empire?
02:52 PM on 10/30/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
You don't often see a label making an official announcement about dropping a band. Interesting.
02:57 PM on 10/30/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Wow I find this strange. I mean they're an awful band but I thought they had a pretty decent fan base and was pulling in decent money. Now sumerian can announce miss fortune
02:57 PM on 10/30/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
A part of me feels like the "musical differences" were CTC wanting to try and become a "serious" band while Sumerian wanted to keep on selling tracks like "You Call That A Knife....". They were always meant to be a cash-grab, I believe...
Their new track with Telle Smith definitely showed positive progression, though. Well, lyrically at least...
02:58 PM on 10/30/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Is this the more popular "Crown" band or is that Crown the Empire?

I would say crown the empire is more popular but they're both pretty bad music wise haha
03:00 PM on 10/30/13
TylerHartman
User Info.
This is a really confusing thing. "Official Announcement" of dropping a band...weird.
03:02 PM on 10/30/13
MatthewHague
Matthew Ryan
User Info.
Wow I find this strange. I mean they're an awful band but I thought they had a pretty decent fan base and was pulling in decent money. Now sumerian can announce miss fortune
So stoked about Miss Fortune. I have high hopes for them.
03:05 PM on 10/30/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
According to Sumerians Wikipedia it says they signed Northlane
03:06 PM on 10/30/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
So stoked about Miss Fortune. I have high hopes for them.
Yea if they every get announced haha. The album is supposed to come out this upcoming month or so I hear
03:07 PM on 10/30/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
You don't often see a label making an official announcement about dropping a band. Interesting.

Most labels still benefit from being associated with a band that was once in their roster, specially one with a dear back catalogue. (FBR and FOB association for example, and to a lesser degree JEW, LTJ, etc) Even when they don't, they just casually drop the band from the roster quietly. this probably means that they REALLY want to cut any association with the band, specially with the bits about passion and differences.
03:15 PM on 10/30/13
caraballo
Gnarkill
User Info.
I can't blame them CTC could give a good label a bad image
03:23 PM on 10/30/13
rushour144
User Info.
A part of me feels like the "musical differences" were CTC wanting to try and become a "serious" band while Sumerian wanted to keep on selling tracks like "You Call That A Knife....". They were always meant to be a cash-grab, I believe...
Their new track with Telle Smith definitely showed positive progression, though. Well, lyrically at least...
...you are referring to the label who has put out releases by Dillinger Escape Plan, Periphery, and Animals as Leaders...trust me, the immaturity of the band is the band's doing, not the label.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests