AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

General Announcement News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Working Group Artist Management Searching for Intern

Posted by - 01:19 PM on 10/31/13
The Working Group Artist Management is looking for an intern. If you're in the Springfield, MO area (or can work from remotely from home) and can start immediately -- send an email and resume here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
01:39 PM on 10/31/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
What kind of positions are included for the "work from home" option?
01:54 PM on 10/31/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
cool opportunity, i have a couple friends down in springfield that might be interested in this. i'll pass the word along.
02:51 PM on 10/31/13
strikefirefall
User Info.
Thanks for the heads up. I sent them an email about interning a couple months ago but never heard back. Just applied again.

I also wish more companies would advertise their internships through this site.
05:18 PM on 10/31/13
mrzippo3
User Info.
Good people
05:36 PM on 10/31/13
Gae
User Info.
I really recommend applying. I've done a lot of internships and this was by far my favorite/most productive
05:40 PM on 10/31/13
strikefirefall
User Info.
I really recommend applying. I've done a lot of internships and this was by far my favorite/most productive
What did you learn? I'm moving to LA soon to pursue a career in artist management.
05:47 PM on 10/31/13
Gae
User Info.
What did you learn? I'm moving to LA soon to pursue a career in artist management.
I was dealing mostly with social media, touring and radio promotion, but there was something new every day. You get to make some great connections too
06:09 PM on 10/31/13
strikefirefall
User Info.
I was dealing mostly with social media, touring and radio promotion, but there was something new every day. You get to make some great connections too
Sounds awesome. Wish they were looking for more than 1 person though. What'd you do with social media? I've always wondered how social media marketing worked.
10:06 AM on 11/01/13
drummer13
verbthenounofficial.bandc amp.com
User Info.
What kind of resume do they look for? I mean will they accept anyone who is willing or do you have to some background in those fields already? I applied for the No Sleep internship but never got a call back and I think it's cause I didn't have any experience in any of the fields these kinds of agencies look for :(
12:03 PM on 11/01/13
Gae
User Info.
What kind of resume do they look for? I mean will they accept anyone who is willing or do you have to some background in those fields already? I applied for the No Sleep internship but never got a call back and I think it's cause I didn't have any experience in any of the fields these kinds of agencies look for :(
having experience is a big plus, but I'm sure they'll consider anyone who's hard working and passionate about this industry
06:57 PM on 11/01/13
strikefirefall
User Info.
having experience is a big plus, but I'm sure they'll consider anyone who's hard working and passionate about this industry
I've never understood why so many internships require experience. Really makes no sense to me.
06:42 PM on 11/04/13
drummer13
verbthenounofficial.bandc amp.com
User Info.
I've never understood why so many internships require experience. Really makes no sense to me.
'Cause they want free labour. But I agree, I feel that the point of an internship is to learn and gain experience.

How are you supposed to have gained experience if entry-level positions (re: internships) require it? And I guess passion wasn't enough on my resume, I made it adamantly clear how much I cared about the label/bands but still not even a interview...
04:19 AM on 11/05/13
Gae
User Info.
'Cause they want free labour. But I agree, I feel that the point of an internship is to learn and gain experience.

How are you supposed to have gained experience if entry-level positions (re: internships) require it? And I guess passion wasn't enough on my resume, I made it adamantly clear how much I cared about the label/bands but still not even a interview...
I mean, you don't necessarily need to get an internship to start gaining experience. Be part of a street team, work with local bands, do other volunteer work, or even start a blog. All that counts as experience in this industry and it should go on your resume.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos