AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 63
02:52 PM on 11/04/13
stmx
User Info.
Songs are really good, just like Something Left Behind was. Hoping the band gets a bounce back from fans.
Your narrative about this band being on the floor after Young New England is preposterous.
02:57 PM on 11/04/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Your narrative about this band being on the floor after Young New England is preposterous.
I'm confused
03:13 PM on 11/04/13
stmx
User Info.
Young New England was great, despite seemingly everything that was written about it, and a seven-inch of acoustic tracks we've already heard a thousand times probably isn't what they really need to make any "bounce back."
03:35 PM on 11/04/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Young New England was great, despite seemingly everything that was written about it, and a seven-inch of acoustic tracks we've already heard a thousand times probably isn't what they really need to make any "bounce back."
You are the 1% of Transit fans that believe YNE was great. Both online, and in terms of people that react at shows. I'm a mega Transit fan - they're my favorite band of the last five years. But, it's clear they took a massive hit. Something Left Behind was a fan loved release that was filled with 80% old songs redone acoustically. There is a high chance that if people love the acoustic renditions of these sounds, regardless of disliking YNE, that they will regain interest from fans online and physically at shows.
03:49 PM on 11/04/13
pepster50
User Info.
ya dude. YNE sucked. deal with it. lol
03:56 PM on 11/04/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
i loved YNE
04:27 PM on 11/04/13
bovice182
User Info.
Transit songs sound so good acoustically. Absolutely cant wait for this. I actually really liked YNE although not as much as LAF.
04:40 PM on 11/04/13
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
You are the 1% of Transit fans that believe YNE was great. Both online, and in terms of people that react at shows. I'm a mega Transit fan - they're my favorite band of the last five years. But, it's clear they took a massive hit. Something Left Behind was a fan loved release that was filled with 80% old songs redone acoustically. There is a high chance that if people love the acoustic renditions of these sounds, regardless of disliking YNE, that they will regain interest from fans online and physically at shows.
Pretty much this. Have followed these guys since their first album and have been to a TON of shows; YNE wasn't "terrible" but it is by and large the worst batch of songs they have released and a huge misfire.
05:27 PM on 11/04/13
Zach Cool
shitsville.
User Info.
I prefer YNE immensely to LAF. That statistic of "1%" of Transit fans liking YNE is stupid. I have heard a lot of love for that record. Transit is a small band, and they always were a small band. But they didn't gain any popularity out of nothing. Just because the masses of sheep that hopped on their nuts after Keep This To Yourself or especially Listen & Forgive came out aren't into YNE doesn't mean no one likes it.
05:30 PM on 11/04/13
Zach Cool
shitsville.
User Info.
I'm glad So Long, So Long is going to be on this EP. It's one of my favorite Transit songs and the fact that they had the chance to write and perform that song is awesome. I feel like it was written in advance for all the YNE haters so that they could constantly sing it and have the upper hand.
05:36 PM on 11/04/13
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Acoustic version of my favorite transit song, i like it a lot
05:43 PM on 11/04/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Pre-ordered. Will always love this band. YNE ruled!
05:47 PM on 11/04/13
stmx
User Info.
The fact that people unanimously prefer Something Left Behind to Young New England is kind of regressive and upsetting. The songs just don't line up, I know that Transit decisively chose to leave behind their pop-bedroom rock thing on the new one but IMO the only problem with the record is spottiness, which I think all of their records before have struggled with, too. Nothing Lasts Forever, Young New England, So Long, So Long, Weathered Souls, Don't Go, Don't Stray and Lake Q could together have been an easy contender for EP of the year. Since when were we biting pop punk bands for not filling out records?
06:06 PM on 11/04/13
bovice182
User Info.
I'm a little confused about the 7 inch track listing. 6 songs for a 7 inch is a lot and the pre order page says it has 4 songs and the B side is Young New England twice. I'm assuming that's a mistake so does anyone know the actual track listing/which ones are on the vinyl release? also the press release says its a fully acoustic album but Transit's Facebook says YNE is a full band alternate so it should be the version they've been playing live right?
06:15 PM on 11/04/13
ChadMaxey
tpf
User Info.
I am 99% certain Thomas won't be getting an advance of this.
A++

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version