Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
08:52 PM on 11/04/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
it's a well written review but we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think this is a good album.

you specifically called out Stronger Than I Was as laughable, whereas I love it. you talk about how the only redeeming thing about the album is how he raps well, but what about all the things he's doing differently, with tracks like Stronger Than I Was or So Far? those two are definitely in the top half of the album.
09:03 PM on 11/04/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
It's plodding rhythm, his voice is strained in all the wrong ways, there's nothing to suggest even an iota of genuine feeling behind it. It comes off as something that he either felt he "had" to write for emotional cred or something. It's still littered with the same stupid bullshit he's saying on the other fifteen tracks.

I really can't fathom finding anything about "So Far" enjoyable haha. Everything about it seems slapped together in the most careless way and without any kind of consideration for a song should actually be structured and divided up into suites/compartments. Instead it's like he stitched together the most irritating traditions in rock music without thinking about what the final product would look like.
I dunno, I felt something from it. I don't find this album as dialed in as a lot of people here seem to. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like Em is pretty self-aware, even going so far on Recovery to apologize for Relapse and Encore; he's trying to prove to himself and his fans that he's still one of the greatest ever, not just putting out an album for a payday.

as for So Far, upon first listen I was just like "what the fuck is even happening on this track?" but I think the whole album and that song in particular absolutely get better with every listen.
12:49 PM on 11/05/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I mean I don't want to be a dick but there is no god damn way I am reading that dissertation of a post.
it was actually a great post and I agree more with that post than the original review
01:48 PM on 11/05/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I mean...that's your opinion? It was pretty off base as both Ryan and spo have spoken to.
yeah I know it's my opinion, was just letting you know it was a worthwhile read
02:15 PM on 11/05/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
12:20 PM on 11/06/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
It's just an Eminem album. It CAN be enjoyable. And this is one of the few places where you shouldn't feel guilty for enjoying it, but unfortunately people seem to be implying you should.

I will now bow my head and take my beatings. I just wanted inject some relatively positive commentary into a thread drowning in cynicism.

So Far is the worst song he's ever done.
not even close.
12:29 PM on 11/06/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
did you miss out on half the songs on Encore? it's not even the worst song on this album.
10:31 AM on 11/18/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
Can we all just agree that this record sucks and we're just lying to ourselves trying to like it?
no
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News