dont talk to me
User Info.
I anticipate this thread to be a blast.
from the past, just like this album the mmlp2
09:59 PM on 11/04/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
the only important OF member that's still caught up in homophobic language is tyler
10:38 PM on 11/04/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Some would say he's the only important member but, if you want to count Earl... I guess he can hang a sign that reads "It's been [1] release since my last homophobic slur." congratulations!
what's your point?
08:40 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I dunno about having flawless albums, but he has a couple great tracks on the last two albums.
there are zero great tracks on magna carta. maybe some mindless pop jams that are okay in social settings and a couple of okay to good other tracks, but i cant think of a single song that warrants the word "great" being thrown around.
08:41 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
ehhhhh that falls under pop jams i dont get mad at in social settings. great is a stretch
08:44 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.

Splitting hairs over the term "great". Tom Ford and Somewhereinamerica are both bangers and better than what I'd expect from a 2013 Jay Z album
agreed with the last part. but i dont think they can even compare to a real great jay-z song like ****** in paris which is a kanye song too yes but you know what i mean

but i guess great is subjective. just not a word i would toss around when talking about jay-z's music in 2013
08:47 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I mean I picked those two songs to go on my phone for when I drive around. They're better to me than just "okay"
fair enough.

not trying to discredit your opinion up there, denning. if you think jay's making some great songs in 2013 more power to you. i just dont see it.
08:52 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I'm not saying that every single track is passable, but there's like 1-3 tracks that really go in on both Holy Grail and Blueprint III, such as "On To The Next One".
i really only fuck with "run this town" from BP3 anymore. but i was super, super into that album in 2009.
08:54 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Ugh BPIII was the worst
yeah i cant stand it now but when i was 17 i really didnt know any better, hah.
08:57 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
The Rick Ross track on Magna Carta has grown on me to the point where I listen to it by myself. I usually zone out during jays verse tho
most people who like the album cite that track (mostly ross) as a weak spot

fuck em
09:35 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Since when is there so much hate for TBP III? And I have to respectfully offer a difference of opinion about No Games. I actually love a lot of Rick Ross' jams, but not a fan of that one.
TBP3 has received a considerable amount of backlash literally since the day it came out
10:20 PM on 11/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
do i have to prove my hip-hop cred to tobuildabridge up there? son i got wu tang on VINYL
05:30 PM on 11/06/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
kendrick lamar's verse is the worst thing he's done in his career and probably will be until he dies
06:47 PM on 11/06/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
RIP sanctuary review
06:50 PM on 11/06/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Those kinds of test scores make me wonder why you pretend Eminem is lyrically brilliant.
a+

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version