AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Kevin Devine News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Shone Opening for Kevin Devine in NYC

Posted by - 03:52 PM on 11/12/13
Shone is opening for Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band at Webster Hall in NYC November 22nd.

Submitted by The Archer 07

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
04:02 PM on 11/12/13
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.
A good show just got better. Shone was fantastic earlier in the year, and, well, Kevin Devine is the best songwriter currently touring.

See you guys there.. I'm probably bringing a capybara.
04:06 PM on 11/12/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
05:00 PM on 11/12/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
06:22 PM on 11/12/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How is shone not signed to a huge label yet?
06:35 PM on 11/12/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
How is shone not signed to a huge label yet?
idk. They'd fit perfectly on Cash Money Records.
06:46 PM on 11/12/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
idk. They'd fit perfectly on Cash Money Records.

Opening for Limp Bizkit and Paris Hilton soon thereafter.
06:48 PM on 11/12/13
SeanMcKenzie
www.anaurac.com
User Info.
Opening for Limp Bizkit and Paris Hilton soon thereafter.

Shone (feat. Paris Hilton).
07:10 PM on 11/12/13
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.
A good show just got better. Shone was fantastic earlier in the year, and, well, Andy Hull is the best songwriter currently touring.

Fixed.
07:14 PM on 11/12/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Earthquake milkshake!
07:19 PM on 11/12/13
ACA
Next Show: CircaSurvive/TitleFight
User Info.

Does he do his own stuff?

Never understood the love for MO (seen them many times, heard all the records), and his Bad Books songs (especially on the first record) are such a letdown compared to KD's tunes.

What specifically is so good about Andy Hull / recommend me his best songs?
07:34 PM on 11/12/13
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.

Never understood the love for MO (seen them many times, heard all the records), and his Bad Books songs (especially on the first record) are such a letdown compared to KD's tunes.

I don't know, I couldn't get into them for a long time and then one day at work I had my iPod on shuffle and Colly Strings came on and blew me so completely away and I've been devout ever since. Lyrically speaking, he's probably my favourite songwriter that's ever lived, although objectively speaking I know there are better.

He's not on tour solo at the moment, but his solo material is under the moniker Right Away, Great Captain!, which is by far my favourite material that he's ever done. Under it, he released a trilogy of three concept albums that detail the story of a sailor that finds out his wife is having an affair with his brother the evening before he leaves on a three year long voyage out at sea, on which he subsequently loses his mind and becomes bent on revenge. It's much quieter and lyrically driven than MO's stuff.

I do have to agree with you though, Bad Books always seemed like a brilliant idea to me that just never panned out as well as it should have. I prefer both artists solo work over both titles any day, even if II was an improvement.

Best songs....
Manchester Orchestra: Colly Strings, The River, Wolves At Night, Now That You're Home, The Procession, Where Have You Been?, One Hundred Dollars, Pride, Virgin, Deer, Ladida, The Girl With Broken Wings, Marked Unknown

RAGC!- Love Come Save Me, Right Ahead Young Sailor, Gasoline Family, Down To Your Soul, What A Pity, Cutting Off The Blood To Ten, I Was A Cage, Blame, Fur Stop Caring, We Were Made Out Of Lightning.

Kindof lengthy lists but those songs cover the full scope of what Andy and the whole band are capable of, I think.
07:38 PM on 11/12/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
A good show just got better. Shone was fantastic earlier in the year, and, well, Kevin Devine is the best songwriter currently touring.

Yuckkkkk.

But seriously, KD+HH was gonna be one of the best shows of my year to begin with and Now, Now have really been sinking in over the past couple of days. This just solidifies how perfect that show will be.

I also prefer Kevin to Andy, but his writing is great. I've never managed to get into RAGC the way other MO fans have, but I like a lot of what he does for MO and Bad Books. Plus "Pyotr" might be my song of the year.
07:49 PM on 11/12/13
davefalcone777
@davidgfalcone
User Info.
Am I the only one who thinks that all of the (amazing) Shone events from earlier in the year never lived up to the hype? I remember losing sleep trying to follow that whole thing. Theories and scavenger hunts. And then when the album dropped, I was just disappointed and confused.
07:51 PM on 11/12/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Am I the only one who thinks that all of the (amazing) Shone events from earlier in the year never lived up to the hype? I remember losing sleep trying to follow that whole thing. Theories and scavenger hunts. And then when the album dropped, I was just disappointed and confused.
i think 99.9% of people felt disappointed haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version