Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 36 of 36
10:53 AM on 11/14/13
thisisasong182
Blink-182 life for life \m/
User Info.
It doesn't say anything specific about the possibility of them ever getting back together for a new album. It barely even hints that they were going to reunite for shows at all even though they did the SILYMI 10 year tour.

The documentary has a lot of depressing parts where the members treat the tour featured in it like it's their last tour ever, and they each talk about their plans for going back to a normal life when the tour is done, and what kind of job prospects they have and how they will make their living now that TSL is done. The whole documentary just really convinces you that it is the end of TSL and eliminates any hope of a new album, and by the end of it, you can really see why it is the way it is even up til this point.

12:37 PM on 11/14/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Why can't ppl accept when an artist grows and moves on, especially when the stuff they moved on to is great like person L and Vacationer... I understand the argument when the artists new projects are subpar, but kenny has reinvented his sound a few times and has yet to disappoint IMO. I'm stoked for new Vacationer! Had know idea it was even in the works but it was one of the most fun albums of that yr!
06:22 PM on 11/14/13
thisisasong182
Blink-182 life for life \m/
User Info.
Why can't ppl accept when an artist grows and moves on, especially when the stuff they moved on to is great like person L and Vacationer... I understand the argument when the artists new projects are subpar, but kenny has reinvented his sound a few times and has yet to disappoint IMO. I'm stoked for new Vacationer! Had know idea it was even in the works but it was one of the most fun albums of that yr!
I honestly agree with you 100%. I'm genuinely just grateful for all the music that Kenny and TSL have given us over the years and am readily willing to accept the fact there may never be a new TSL album..

But with that being said, I have yet to give Person L a proper listen. Perhaps you could kindly recommend two or three Person L songs for me to start with? Thanks in advance!
06:37 PM on 11/14/13
koopman
Espo
User Info.
seeing these guys Saturday!
08:04 PM on 11/15/13
Lirr168
isn't racist - he has color tv
User Info.
I honestly agree with you 100%. I'm genuinely just grateful for all the music that Kenny and TSL have given us over the years and am readily willing to accept the fact there may never be a new TSL album..

But with that being said, I have yet to give Person L a proper listen. Perhaps you could kindly recommend two or three Person L songs for me to start with? Thanks in advance!
I never would have thought I'd like Person L or Vacationer on genre alone, but I love them both, so I hope you don't mind my jumping in with some recs:

"OK" off the Person L/Weatherbox split is their most accessible song in that it has a pretty big chorus (not too far removed from a song like "Direction") and "Storms" & "Sunshine" off the Initial EP probably give the best sense of what Person L is about in back-to-back tracks.

Like I said, admittedly a bit biased because I've come to love this band, but those could be three that take you down a similar path.
10:41 PM on 11/15/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I never would have thought I'd like Person L or Vacationer on genre alone, but I love them both, so I hope you don't mind my jumping in with some recs:

"OK" off the Person L/Weatherbox split is their most accessible song in that it has a pretty big chorus (not too far removed from a song like "Direction") and "Storms" & "Sunshine" off the Initial EP probably give the best sense of what Person L is about in back-to-back tracks.

Like I said, admittedly a bit biased because I've come to love this band, but those could be three that take you down a similar path.
100% agree. I was gonna suggest the same songs and I am not too big on any either of their genres but I love both projects. Kenny is brilliant!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos