Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 57
09:06 AM on 11/19/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds a lot like Motion City Soundtrack meets Set Your Goals. Personally, I friggin love it.
09:12 AM on 11/19/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Simply put....yes

It's not the end of the world for me but it will be for a lot. Especially when you're starting to sound like Transit and modern day Saves the Day...both of which are horrendous.

It sucks that his voice is shot and that this is likely what Polar Bear Club will become. But that still doesn't mean they can't release some good material with cleaner vocals. For example, some of the The Redder The Better EP.

But having his voice shot also doesn't justify garbage like "Siouxsie Jeanne" and the majority of Death Chorus.
That is by far the worst track on the album. Upstate Mosquito is cheesy as fuck, also.
09:15 AM on 11/19/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
I literally haven't listened to anything other than this album since I got it last Wednesday.

Such an incredible album.
09:20 AM on 11/19/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really good review, btw. Id give it about the same score.
09:21 AM on 11/19/13
Jason Yelle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I literally haven't listened to anything other than this album since I got it last Wednesday.

Such an incredible album.
haha Ive just been listening from Youtube's stream.
09:21 AM on 11/19/13
harsh reality
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Upstate Mosquito is cheesy as fuck, also.

God yes.

I'll be positive and say that For Show is decent while WLWYCD is tolerable.

I'm interested in hearing Saw Blade just because I love b-sides. But I'm clearly expecting the worst.
09:27 AM on 11/19/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
I actually preferred his voice on the earlier stuff. It was raw, untouched and deeper than it is now. It was especially amazing for someone in their late teens to come out with.

Cool review, I love the album. Jimmy's voice sounds great both ways, but this new sound is refreshing to the ears.
I just meant that the vocals changed significantly and out of necessity (he said that singing like that was hurting his throat). I greatly prefer his party scene voice to any other.
09:27 AM on 11/19/13
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
new album is bland and generic. alright, going to listen to chasing hamburg now.
09:33 AM on 11/19/13
Farva2
Registered Member
User Info.
I really dig siouxsie Jeanne haha
09:40 AM on 11/19/13
pnkdrmr182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice Review!

I like this album WAY more than previous efforts - who knew Jimmy could actually sing!? I am pleasantly surprised.
09:46 AM on 11/19/13
UrbanRoyalty
Happiness is just a moment
User Info.
As someone coming in to this band and going through their back catalogue i like this album far more than the others. Nothing i'd listen to a ton, but i'm sure it could make for an enjoyable listen here and there. Nice work
12:40 PM on 11/19/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I like this album but like someone stated above it's almost impossible to top CBGP.

It's definitely full of some good jams though. Huge Grower because I'm actually liking it more and more after each listen. Besides Souxie Jean which I can't see myself ever liking and I'm usually a sucker for those slow songs
12:51 PM on 11/19/13
don't fret
When In Rome
User Info.
I absolutely love this album. Wasn't on my radar, but glad I checked it out.
02:41 PM on 11/19/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Nice Review!

I like this album WAY more than previous efforts - who knew Jimmy could actually sing!? I am pleasantly surprised.
You realize he has sang on previous records, right?

This record isn't bad at all, just much more generic. The vocals are what they are, but the songs just don't measure up to their old stuff. I'm sure it will grow on me and average polar bear club is better than no polar bear club
02:43 PM on 11/19/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
OMG Point is, with cleaner vocals, they have proven they can do a hell of a lot better than this. Which is more disappointing than his new shot voice.
Good to see I'm not crazy. Agree 100%

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version