Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 58
04:46 PM on 11/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is a band I've casually enjoyed. I put on their whole discography while I work, and rarely pick out individual songs.

This album will not be part of those listens.
05:07 PM on 11/19/13
TheBaroness
User Info.
After 5+ listens I now think this is their best album. I think he shows off a lot more emotional range with his vocals than he does on previous releases, the hooks are irresistible, the lyrics are a big step up, and the songwriting is more consistent (even Siouxsie Jeanne grows on you after a few listens). I hope people will give this record a chance and not just dismiss it as different and therefore bad after one or two plays.
06:52 PM on 11/19/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
After 5+ listens I now think this is their best album. I think he shows off a lot more emotional range with his vocals than he does on previous releases, the hooks are irresistible, the lyrics are a big step up, and the songwriting is more consistent (even Siouxsie Jeanne grows on you after a few listens). I hope people will give this record a chance and not just dismiss it as different and therefore bad after one or two plays.
see - you get it.
07:17 PM on 11/19/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
This album has been growing more and more on me as I grow through it. Besides Siouxsie Jeanne, I really dig this record. For Show and When We Were College Kids are definitely the standouts for me. For having to change up on the fly, this is a strong record. I would assume the new delivery will only improve going forward. I would say it's a good time to buy in on PBC.
11:45 PM on 11/19/13
izeekeeze
User Info.
Good album and all, but Mr. Stadt um... you spelled Susie wrong.
08:16 AM on 11/20/13
iamalexenglish
Loading ███] 99%
User Info.
Thanks
08:24 AM on 11/20/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Neve actually listened to this band. Can something give me some RIYL bands please?

New record? Stay What You Are-era Saves the Day
08:24 AM on 11/20/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled like that ironically or has some other meaning.
08:36 AM on 11/20/13
UglyMug
www.twitter.com/goawaytkus
User Info.
This band consistently writes amazing music. It's not surprising in the least that they would put out another quality album. Personally, my favorite songs right now are Siouxsie Jeanne and Chicago Spring.
12:42 PM on 11/20/13
jpmalone4
Avoid Eye Contact Monthly
User Info.
After a few listens I definitely dig this. My favorites are Blood Balloon, So I Buy, When We Were College Kids, and even Upstate Mosquito. The lyrics are a little eh but the hooks are great.
02:36 PM on 11/20/13
debjay
***** at indieisnotagenre.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did they pay you to write this review? I'm sorry, but I just don't get how anyone in their right mind rate this so high compared to CBGP. It's not just the vocals, everything about this album is mediocre.
05:44 PM on 11/20/13
Every Time I Ty
One tree per nerd!
User Info.
Did not like Chasing Hamburg at all and gave up on them. Willing to give this a go though.
08:12 PM on 11/20/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Siouxsie Sioux
09:29 AM on 11/21/13
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
Thank you, Drew, for writing this review. The more I listen to this album, honestly, the more badass it becomes for me. Jimmy's new vocal style is nothing extremely surprising - we've heard it before, if not for an entire record - and really lends itself to a lot of the songs. Like a lot of these songs would probably suffer if he tried to sing them in his old style. Plus, it gives him an incredible range of delivery. CBGP was untouchably awesome, don't get me wrong, but Death Chorus has so much more variance and depth to it.
Also, on probably my third listen to this, I realized that it would make a kick-ass rock musical. There's a plot, characters, everything, all right there on the surface. With a little more development (and like a couple extra songs in the second act), it could happen. I have it all planned out. I guess that makes me a super-nerd, but whatever.
Personally, my favorites are "For Show," "WLWYCD," "Chicago Spring," and "When We Were College Kids."
11:14 AM on 11/21/13
ellieisomghawt
ugh
User Info.
will be checking this out :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT