AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Drama News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Oldies.com Delivers Partial Orders, Cancels Many

Posted by - 11:02 AM on 11/21/13
We recently posted about Oldies.com's vinyl clearance sale, but it appears most customers are only receiving partial orders, if anything at all. Customers received shipping confirmations with no notice of changed orders, receiving whatever pieces of their order the site could deliver on. It appears users are being refunded , or are in the process of being refunded, though many have not received any updates. Some customers seem pleased to receive their partial orders at the discount, while others have sworn never to purchase again - which side do you fall on?

Update: Oldies.com has released a statement about this whole ordeal. - DB
Regarding the issuance of PayPal refunds for partial shipments... we have been actively processing and posting these refunds through PayPal. As the order volume becomes more manageable on a daily basis, the window between shipment and refunding will reduce significantly (usually it happens the following business day). Many outstanding PayPal refunds from last week's sale have been processed and posted within the last 24-48 hours.

As you're probably aware, we're just dealing with A LOT of orders. If you have any Customer Service-related issues, just shoot us an e-mail at orders@oldies.com. Response time during standard business hours is usually pretty quick. We'll answer the best we can.

For those that have inquired about Wave #2, we'll probably come back with more in early December, as we're still "digging out" from this sale, and we have Black Friday/Cyber Monday/etc. right around the corner.

Thanks again to all for the orders -- we appreciate your business. To those disappointed, we are sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations, and will most certainly strive to do better the next time around.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 117
11:06 AM on 11/21/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Somewhere in the middle. I'm happy to have gotten 1/3 of my order, and I understand that the company did not expect the huge rush of orders, but it still sucks to have an order be unfulfilled. I still don't know whether the other 2/3 of my order is on backorder or whether I will be getting a refund. However, as long as I do receive my refund I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
11:07 AM on 11/21/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Oh fuck off making it sound like the people at oldies are bad guys here. They offered an awesome sale and were inundated with orders, so much that they had to have 4 times the people fullfilling orders. People should be happy for the records they got at the awesome prices they did.
11:08 AM on 11/21/13
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
the site is supposed to be all about old stuff but one of their top selling albums came out in 2012

wat.
11:09 AM on 11/21/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
I still haven't received any confirmation on my orders, even after emailing them and getting a response that I would get one shortly. It looks like all 4 of my LPs are likely to get cancelled and I'll only get the Cults 7". Ultimately, it's no big deal, and I understand that they were severely overloaded with orders which caused a pretty obvious chaos. They could have handled the situation better - like packing/shipping orders based on their order # rather than at random, so that those of us who ordered early would have first dibs. Wasn't the case and it sucks, but it's whatever.
11:10 AM on 11/21/13
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
"We unfortunately are unable to fulfill your order as the product(s) are currently unavailable." Order cancelled and refunded.
Wanted Pollyanna sooooo badly. Pretty bummed.
a3s1g1
User Info.
I held back from participating in the clearance sale, but it seems kind of rough to put SO MANY albums on such DEEP discounts and then not be prepared for an onslaught of orders...it does make me feel bad for the workers though
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Mine got cancelled
11:11 AM on 11/21/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel very cheated.

I purchased Caspian and The Almost at $10 a piece. For kicks, I kept browsing the website and ended up grabbing City & Colour at full price, just to support and reach their $30 free shipping.

Then, I only received C&C. My paper invoice says I wasn't charged for the other records, but my PayPal says otherwise. Very frustrated, and want money back for records I didn't even purchase.
11:11 AM on 11/21/13
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
I got 4/5 of my records, and I got a refund for what I didn't get. No complaints here. The warehouse is like 15 minutes from me, I wish I knew that and asked to pick it up in person before it got mailed an hour away to get sent back a few days later.
11:12 AM on 11/21/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh fuck off making it sound like the people at oldies are bad guys here. They offered an awesome sale and were inundated with orders, so much that they had to have 4 times the people fullfilling orders. People should be happy for the records they got at the awesome prices they did.
I was charged for records I didn't receive.
I only received the record I purchased at full price.
The only reason I bought the record at full price was to reach free shipping.

But yeah, I guess I have no reason to be upset.
11:13 AM on 11/21/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I got 4/5 of my records, and I got a refund for what I didn't get. No complaints here. The warehouse is like 15 minutes from me, I wish I knew that and asked to pick it up in person before it got mailed an hour away to get sent back a few days later.
How did you pay? My PayPal is still showing full charge.
11:21 AM on 11/21/13
IWasHerHorse
User Info.
I paid through paypal, but my bank account is showing the initial order as $31.66 but my order was supposed to be 39.25. The order receipt sent with my package also showed that I ordered another record but it wasn't shipped or charged.
11:22 AM on 11/21/13
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
User Info.
Purchased two records and received both of them with no problem whatsoever.
11:22 AM on 11/21/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
You'd be right if the company kept any customers updated at all whatsoever. But they didn't.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos