AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Seaway Touring Without Bellwether

Posted by - 01:17 PM on 11/25/13
Seaway have posted an update saying Bellwether will not be on their upcoming tour.
Some very serious allegations were made towards Harry Corrigan of Bellwether in a tumblr post last week. Although we had absolutely nothing to do with the allegations made in this post, it targeted our upcoming tour with Bellwether, telling kids to email every promoter on the tour and demand that they be removed from the shows. These allegations have put us and all the promoters in a very difficult position. Venues and promoters began cancelling the shows that we worked so hard to book and rumours that kids would be attending shows with the sole purpose of harassing and physically harming Harry began circulating. For these reasons we have removed Bellwether from the tour. They will still be playing the Long Island show and we are excited for that, but they will not be playing any of the other dates on the tour. Unfortunate as it is, we feel that this is the best solution.

Submitted by Avalanche1

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
01:25 PM on 11/25/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that's crazy. not here whether to say what did or didn't happen but that one girl is surely fucking up that bands future. don't listen to either though.
01:42 PM on 11/25/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
Odd, seeing as how my date is next Tuesday I wonder who is going to replace them.
01:48 PM on 11/25/13
hometownblues_
Sam
User Info.
Very confusing and frustrating situation for both parties. I don't think we'll ever know the full extent of what really happened in that van.
01:51 PM on 11/25/13
tub and rug
I found a spark in the normal.
User Info.
Unfortunate for all parties involved.
01:57 PM on 11/25/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I saw Bellwether post something about this the other day, sucks for the rest of the guys who were stoked on this.
02:12 PM on 11/25/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Very sad for everyone involved. It's tough for me to have a concrete opinion because it's he said she said, but it is still a super fucked up situation.
02:36 PM on 11/25/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Sucks that they have to do this and that the girl put the tour in this position.
02:38 PM on 11/25/13
Mr Tickles
User Info.
Sucks a girl got sexually assaulted. Sucks the band won't stand up to their piece of shit member. Kick him out of the band. Simple.
03:10 PM on 11/25/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Never forget that Seaway has a song called 'Sabrina The Teenage Bitch'
03:11 PM on 11/25/13
MTGT
User Info.
Sucks a girl got sexually assaulted. Sucks the band won't stand up to their piece of shit member. Kick him out of the band. Simple.
For what? At the end of the day it is allegations. There are two sides unless there is evidence or witnesses no-one else knows what happened so neither side should be chastised.
03:12 PM on 11/25/13
Mr Tickles
User Info.
For what? At the end of the day it is allegations. There are two sides unless there is evidence or witnesses no-one else knows what happened so neither side should be chastised.
and this is rape culture defined
03:19 PM on 11/25/13
MTGT
User Info.
and this is rape culture defined
Bullshit. You mean this is the criminal law defined? Where evidence and proof is needed for someone to be vindicated and punished. Not here to pick sides as like everyone else here I wasn't there and until someone has evidence or witnessed the alleged event then that is that.
03:21 PM on 11/25/13
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
I know it's a "he said, she said" thing, but I've definitely read that around half a percent of rape accusations are false. This case could be that half a percent, but I think it's unlikely enough that blaming the victim for ruining the band sounds way more out of line than blaming the guy for assaulting her.
03:24 PM on 11/25/13
Mr Tickles
User Info.
Bullshit. You mean this is the criminal law defined? Where evidence and proof is needed for someone to be vindicated and punished. Not here to pick sides as like everyone else here I wasn't there and until someone has evidence or witnessed the alleged event then that is that.
the criminal law system is part of rape culture.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos