AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Riot Fest Celebrates 10th Anniversary; Advance Presale...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (11/26/13)
In probably the best use of Black Friday week ever, Riot Fest is offering $70 three-day passes to its 2014 festival, which will take place Sept. 12-14 in Chicago. The festival, which AbsoluteVoices sponsored last year, is promising to go bigger than ever as it celebrates its 10th anniversary. More info can be found on their website.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
08:24 AM on 11/26/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Great deal if you can commit this far in advance
08:28 AM on 11/26/13
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
Riot Fest has been the greatest concert each year in the last two years. It's about twice as expensive if you wait til September, so might as well pull the trigger now, no way I'd miss it in 2014.
08:29 AM on 11/26/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.
I got my 3 day pass last year for $60 and all my friends thought I was nuts for getting a ticket before the lineup was announced.
08:32 AM on 11/26/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I'm going to do this, 100% for sure.
08:34 AM on 11/26/13
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I'm going to pass only because VIP was more than worth it this year. Standing next to the VIP fence comfortably then looking 10 feet over at the GA crowd getting smashed in the face during FOB sealed that for me.
08:39 AM on 11/26/13
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
wooo definitely all over that
08:42 AM on 11/26/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Bummed I'll have to miss this since I'll be in London, but hey I'll be in London
08:44 AM on 11/26/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Will definitely be there. See everyone at the Red Door again? haha.
08:45 AM on 11/26/13
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Hopefully their janky website can handle all the bandwidth tomorrow...
08:47 AM on 11/26/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I'm going to pass only because VIP was more than worth it this year. Standing next to the VIP fence comfortably then looking 10 feet over at the GA crowd getting smashed in the face during FOB sealed that for me.
I would love that experience over the FOB experience I had at the NYS fair this summer. The band was so good but we had to sit in metal seats and I had to listen to 35 year old woman behind me talk about FYS who opened that they were a "warm up hipster band" because they had beards, like what.the.fuck. I finally turned around and told them they didn't belong at the show.
08:53 AM on 11/26/13
tub and rug
pissed off > pissed on
User Info.

There will be early bird VIP passes available tomorrow.
09:03 AM on 11/26/13
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
I've never paid "VIP" or "upgraded" tickets for anything -- I think it's still the stubborn young teenager in me who grew up listening to nothing but punk and paying $5 for shows. I mean, AFI was in a freezing pool of mud at Riot Fest last year.. but it is what it is, and it was fucking awesome. I think a lot (of course, not all) of the "music isn't what it used to be" sentiments from adults is directly tied to how they refuse to engage in the fun parts of concerts anymore. I'm fine with sitting for Death Cab for Cutie, but why even bother seeing a band like Pennywise if you're going to sit in the back or stand in some roped off area?

That being said, it looked like VIP might have had some cool perks, including cleaner bathrooms (especially for girls) and no lines for concessions (which means you can see more music). I think some drinks and lockers were even complimentary for the VIPs.

$23/day is unbelievably cheap for something as awesome as Riot Fest, spending a few bucks more for VIP doesn't seem like a bad idea.
09:19 AM on 11/26/13
kmonkey2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm curious how much the three day VIP pass is going to be. I'm definitely going to buy a pass tomorrow but I'm not sure if the VIP will be worth the extra money. For a few of the bands I would have been able to get closer and "exclusive" bathrooms would be a nice perk...
10:20 AM on 11/26/13
galkain
NothingOriginal.net
User Info.
Anyone think they'll move locations? I have a place to stay right across the street from Grant Park (perfect for Lollapalooza) and it'd be nice to not have to make that trek out to Humboldt every day.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests