AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Legal News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Ex-Lostprophets Release Statement

Posted by - 06:40 PM on 11/30/13
The other members of Lostprophets have released a statement after the legal events of last week.
Earlier this week, we learned that the allegations of child sexual abuse against Ian were true, and that he would not be contesting them in court. Until then, we found them extremely difficult to believe and had hoped it was all a mistake. Sadly, the true extent of his appalling behaviour is now impossible to deny.

Many of you understandably want to know if we knew what Ian was doing. To be clear: We did not. We knew that Ian was a difficult character. Our personal relationships with him had deteriorated in recent years to a point that working together was a constant, miserable challenge. But despite his battles with drugs, his egotistic behaviour, and the resulting fractures and frustrations within our band, we never imagined him capable of behaviour of the type he has now admitted.

We are heartbroken, angry, and disgusted at what has been revealed. This is something that will haunt us for the rest of our lives. Being in a band has always been a labour of love and a platform to inspire people, not to take advantage of them. Itís still hard to believe this is happening and that someone we were once so close to has destroyed so many lives, lying every step of the way.

Our hearts go out to Ianís family, the fans and friends he betrayed, and most importantly, the victims of his crimes and others like them. We hope for justice, but also that Ian will truly take responsibility for what heís done. We would urge any other victims to contact the authorities.

Jamie, Lee, Luke, Mike and Stu

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 71
06:43 PM on 11/30/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Wish the best for these guys. Horrific events and victims aside, I can't imagine how it'd be to actually be friends/bandmates/coworkers with that monster.
06:58 PM on 11/30/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Do people honestly believe that they secretly knew and were hiding it?
06:58 PM on 11/30/13
ImAMetaphor
Not throwing stones at you anymore
User Info.
Never was a Lostprophets fan, never will be, but goddamn I feel for these dudes. This has to be a major blow to their conscious.
07:02 PM on 11/30/13
streetcar
User Info.
I bet now that the truth has come out these dudes are sitting back thinking about all the red flags that appeared but never knew what they meant.
07:03 PM on 11/30/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Yes, unfortunately. I've seen it suggested here even, and I'm sure twitter and such are even worse.
07:08 PM on 11/30/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
It's so crazy. Start Something was the album I rocked the most in college. I loved that thing, front to back.

But now, I can never listen to it or anything from them ever again. I still have the utmost respect for the other dudes.
07:10 PM on 11/30/13
Sanzen
Ricocheting
User Info.
I hope they can get through this and continue to pursue music.

I can't imagine what it feels like to have been a member of "that band with the monstrous pedophile."
07:36 PM on 11/30/13
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Said it in the thread a few days ago, but it's a real shame to see everything these guys created over the years get permanently tarnished by his actions. Like they said, it will haunt them for the rest of their lives.
07:40 PM on 11/30/13
InfiniteArms
#MusicWorship
User Info.
Quote:
Our personal relationships with him had deteriorated in recent years to a point that working together was a constant, miserable challenge.
...and that's why Weapons sucked? The other band members had no creative control?
07:45 PM on 11/30/13
strikefirefall
User Info.
Unfortunately some people here questioned that.
07:46 PM on 11/30/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Feel so bad for those guys. Imagine being closely associated with a monster like that for the rest of your life.
07:47 PM on 11/30/13
Passion Man
User Info.
"This is something that will haunt us for the rest of our lives".

Ain't that the truth. I don't know how they could possibly recover from something of this magnitude.
08:18 PM on 11/30/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
It's strange, I was cleaning my basement and found an original sampler from when I found out about them in 1999

08:22 PM on 11/30/13
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I feel like this band was at least 3/5 straight edge back in 2004 if I'm not mistaken?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos