AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Salvador Santana - 11.19.13

Interviewed by
Salvador Santana - 11.19.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Salvador Santana

SalvadorSantana.com
https://twitter.com/salvadorsantana
https://www.facebook.com/SalSantana
www.youtube.com/user/SalvadorSantana09

1. How did you get your band name?
ONE DAY I DECIDED THAT MY FULL NAME WAS THE BEST CHOICE FOR THE NAME OF MY BAND.

2. How did this band get started?
THIS PARTICULAR LINE UP WAS FORMED THROUGH AN AUDITIONING PROCESS AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
THE WAILERS, THE JB'S, THE BAND OF GYPSIES, WEATHER REPORT, THE BEASTIE BOYS, NIRVANA, THE FOO FIGHTERS, OZOMATLI, DAMIAN MARLEY, MICHAEL FRANTI AND SPEARHEAD, BIG GIGANTIC, MAJOR LAZER, DEAD MOUSE...I LOVE WATCHING BANDS LIKE THESE BECAUSE THEY ARE (AND MUST'VE BEEN) AMAZING TO SEE LIVE.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I'D WANT TO TOUR WITH BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS, THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE, HERBIE HANCOCK, THE JOHN COLTRANE QUARTET,AND THE MILES DAVIS QUINTET. BECAUSE NOT ONLY WOULD THEY BE THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE AND EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCES IN THE WORLD BUT ALSO SURROUNDING MYSELF WITH MUSICIANS OF THAT LEVEL AND CALIBER CHALLENGES ME TO STEP MY GAME UP.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
SALADS. I ALWAYS TRY TO EAT HEALTHY, ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M OUT ON THE ROAD.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
BECAUSE MY MUSIC OFFERS A POSITIVE MESSAGE BOTH MUSICALLY AND LYRICALLY. ALL I WANT IS FOR PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC AND HOPEFULLY THEY ENJOY IT JUST AS MUCH AS I HAD FUN CREATING IT.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
PROBABLY ALLEN IVERSON. I USED TO REALLY ENJOY WATCHING HIM PLAY WHEN HE WAS IN HIS PRIME.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
FIRST, THE ALL MIGHTY CREATOR, SECOND, MY FAMILY FRIENDS AND OTHERS CLOSEST TO ME, AND LASTLY EVERYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THE AWARD WINING PROJECT.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I WOULDN'T. CHANGE IS INEVITABLE, GROWTH IS OPTIONAL. IT'S UP TO THE ARTIST(S) TO ADAPT TO THEIR SURROUNDINGS OR TO REMAIN STAGNANT IN THEIR OWN WAYS.

10. Memorable tour experience?
BACK IN 2007 MY BAND THEN AND I GOT TO TRAVEL ALL AROUND THE U.S.A FOR 3 AND A HALF MONTHS. THAT WHOLE TOUR WAS AN EXPERIENCE IN ITSELF BECAUSE I GOT TO GO TO SOME CITIES AND TOWNS THAT I'D NEVER BEEN TO BEFORE. AND PROBABLY WOULD'VE NEVER GONE HAD I NOT HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE APART OF THAT TOUR.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
IT'S ANOTHER AVENUE TO HELP ARTISTS (LIKE ME) EXPRESS THEMSELVES THE WAY THEY WANT TO.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"THANK YOU, LORD" BY BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS. THIS SONG ALWAYS REMINDS ME TO BE GRATEFUL AND APPRECIATIVE OF THE SIMPLE THINGS AND HOW LIFE TRULY IS A BLESSING.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
HAWAII.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
THRILLER & BAD - MICHAEL JACKSON
AXIS: BOLD AS LOVE - THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE - STEVIE WONDER
NEVERMIND - NIRVANA
THE CHRONIC - DR. DRE
ALL EYEZ ON ME - 2PAC
SUBLIME - SUBLIME

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'D WANT TO BE A SHAPESHIFTER. I THINK IT WOULD BE SO COOL TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO MORPH AND DISGUISE MYSELF INTO DIFFERENT PEOPLE, ANIMALS, AND OBJECTS.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
NOT REALLY. BUT BEFORE EACH SHOW I ALWAYS TAKE THE TIME TO GO OVER ALL THE LYRICS IN MY HEAD FOR EACH SONG ON THE SET LIST, LIKE AN ACTOR MEMORIZING HIS/HER LINES FOR A PLAY.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL I QUIT THE PIANO FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND PURSUED TO BECOME A DRUMMER. EVENTUALLY I SWITCHED BACK ONCE I FORMED MY BAND.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
YEAH. I THINK MY SOUND BECAUSE IT'S SO VERSATILE AND POSITIVE CAN BE HEARD AND UNDERSTOOD ON ANY KIND OF LEVEL. I'VE RECENTLY HEARD FROM A FEW FANS THAT WHEN THEY HEARD MY MUSIC ON THE RADIO, THEY IMMEDIATELY FELT UPLIFTED. I WAS SO HONORED AND HUMBLED TO HEAR THAT.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
IF I HAVE THE SPARE TIME, I USUALLY LIKE TO SPEND IT ON WRITING OR PLAYING MUSIC. I FEEL AT PEACE WHEN I'M IN THAT CREATIVE STATE OF MIND. I ALSO LIKE TO STAY ACTIVE AND INVOLVE MYSELF IN DIFFERENT CHARITIES AND NON PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I CAN RECITE THE ALPHABET BACKWARDS.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums