AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dangerous Summer News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Dangerous Summer Release DVD Kickstarter Statement

Posted by - 03:27 PM on 01/12/14
The Dangerous Summer have released a statement about the kickstarter for their DVD that was supposed to be released by now.
Sorry for letting you all down, this is 100% my fault and I understand the hate, disapointment and speculation. Just please try and understand how hard it is making a DVD when you have never done it and there were a lot of things that went unaccounted for when planning this thing. This is not something we can simply refund as the money raised was used to make the DVD which the origional version (which we personally were not satisfied with and wanted to redo) has been released in segments online at http://vimeo.com/jmvisuals and if you would like to listen to the hour long concert it is available at https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4sdc6i5a5ls7o/TDS I have learned that some people do not have any appreciation for artistic integrity and are simply consumers with needy hands. Due to all the complaints we are just going to be releasing the original version. Most of the prizes, especially the more expensive ones have been fulfilled and more will continue to be fulfilled as I can come up with the funds out of my personal wallet. This may take some time but this is my fault and im going to have to take responsibility. once again sorry for letting you down, Cody Payne

Submitted by multiple users

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 273
03:28 PM on 01/12/14
jesster4life911
User Info.
lawl
03:29 PM on 01/12/14
yutsmcgee
Penis
User Info.
It never ends with these guys
03:31 PM on 01/12/14
whitelightning7
Registered Member
User Info.
At this point, they might as well finish the new DVD instead of sending out an outdated version.
03:32 PM on 01/12/14
Mikey Switz
User Info.
so they're complaining about other people complaining about the fact that they spent their own money on an unfinished and late product... and somehow they're not at fault?
03:41 PM on 01/12/14
Jay Evan
I've Made A Huge Mistake
User Info.
I love The Dangerous Summer's music and I appreciate them releasing a live set for free
03:41 PM on 01/12/14
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
wow, this is very surprising.
03:49 PM on 01/12/14
JonPlus44
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Got this from Cody when I basically called him a crook on the kickstarter.

"Dear Jon, Please know the costs that went into making this documentary (various videographers, camera/lens/lighting rentals / hotels for the video graphers / travel expenses) this was in no way "stolen money"... in fact we have lost money on the project.

I know you would like to make me out to be the bad guy, but there were nothing but good intentions when we decided to make this DVD. "

This band is a fucking joke. I love the fact that he calls his supporters greedy consumers with their hands out that don't understand artistic integrity. Yet this dude lacks any integrity, artistic or otherwise.
03:54 PM on 01/12/14
CLARIFY THIS
--
User Info.
Got this from Cody when I basically called him a crook on the kickstarter.

"Dear Jon, Please know the costs that went into making this documentary (various videographers, camera/lens/lighting rentals / hotels for the video graphers / travel expenses) this was in no way "stolen money"... in fact we have lost money on the project.

I know you would like to make me out to be the bad guy, but there were nothing but good intentions when we decided to make this DVD. "

This band is a fucking joke.

Having watched the footage on vimeo I don't believe they payed any money for the footage. It all looks like it was shot by the band or their friends
03:57 PM on 01/12/14
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
This band needs to call it a day, fast.
03:57 PM on 01/12/14
CLARIFY THIS
--
User Info.
I'd like some clarification on who he is referring to with the line about 'consumers with greedy hands' because if he's talking about fans of his band who handed over their money then complained when they never received a product, fuck him
03:59 PM on 01/12/14
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
04:02 PM on 01/12/14
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
I feel sorry for their fans. I myself am not a fan but still get sick of hearing about all the shit this band puts them through. So shitty.
04:03 PM on 01/12/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Embarrassing. So they're sending out the one that was already posted online?

Jesus.
04:03 PM on 01/12/14
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
STATMENT

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles