Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 39 of 39
05:49 PM on 01/17/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Great review.

Going to listen now. I'm trying my best to stay on top of 2014 releases. Anything else come out that I should listen to?
Against Me! is killer, even for a casual fan of the band, and Self Defense Family grows on you in the weirdest way possible, if you're into that sort of thing.
07:49 PM on 01/17/14
gabrielM
User Info.
Between this and The Hotelier's record, this is a ridiculously good start to the year. Helps that this is such a fun album too...this is absolutely You Blew It's year to conquer.

My thoughts exactly. I think Hotelier is going to have a monster year. Anyhow, YBI's album is so much greater than any of their previous releases. It's really great & I can't wait to see them with the Front Bottoms at the end of the month. Will be buying their record there.
08:00 PM on 01/17/14
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
08:04 PM on 01/17/14
anamericangod
User Info.
Massively overrated band. Just not getting the hype.

Well written review like always, though.
05:55 AM on 01/18/14
An H Chord
User Info.
My eyes went wide once I heard the Northstar lyric
07:26 AM on 01/18/14
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Really hope like so many others that this is the year for them, this band is so massively underrated and has been for awhile. Very excited that I'm seeing them with prawn, crying, living room and others next month month.
08:11 AM on 01/18/14
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
#youknowwhatyourretalkingabout
02:38 PM on 01/18/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
The instant I pressed play, I was like, "These guys have never SOUNDED better." Everything is perfect in that regard. And it's a clear step up from Grow Up, Dude, which I loved. I think the two "closing tracks" - "House Address" and "Better to Best" - are my favorites, but it's all good. Just the level of pure heart this band has - I think that's what mostly draws me in. And songs about friends and fuck-ups never get old. Also interesting that Evan Weiss makes his influence known in the best way possible - his style definitely complements theirs.
10:53 AM on 01/24/14
TylerHartman
User Info.
For some reason, I really struggled to get into their last release. This is fantastic. I think I need to revisit the older stuff. Good music is good music, regardless of what genre people need to place it in.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos