AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Springsteen to Begin Selling Concert Downloads

Posted by - 11:13 AM on 01/17/14
Beginning soon, if you go to a Bruce Springsteen concert, while you're there you will have the option to purchase a USB wristband for an official download of either that show or the show of your choice. The wristbands will also be available for purchase online.

Submitted by ACA

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
11:14 AM on 01/17/14
guitarsmash0r
count it.
User Info.
Super exciting! Does this mean another NA tour?
11:15 AM on 01/17/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
How freaking cool
11:18 AM on 01/17/14
FstFtsVsFences
High Risk 401k? Fuck that.
User Info.
This is a great idea. Hoping it's got the possibility to cut down on people watching the show through their phone screens.
11:21 AM on 01/17/14
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
Good idea if it's not to pricey.
11:22 AM on 01/17/14
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
Very cool!
11:25 AM on 01/17/14
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Been saying people need to do that for forever, cool that he's able to pull it off.
11:27 AM on 01/17/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Been saying people need to do that for forever, cool that he's able to pull it off.
Lot of jam bands have been doing this or something like it for awhile...Phish, Umphrey's, Widespread etc.

I think Pearl Jam might too actually. And Wilco's been recording every show and releasing about a quarter of them for the last couple of years. But yeah Bruce is a great artist to test-drive this idea on a larger scale.
11:30 AM on 01/17/14
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
record companies thinking outside the box, not a terrible idea.
11:37 AM on 01/17/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
He's not the first artist to do this by any means, but it's still awesome cuz he puts on the greatest shows. I wish they did this when I saw him two halloweens ago where he performed the Monster Mash for the first and only time
11:40 AM on 01/17/14
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
Metallica sells audio of every one of their shows on their website. I wish more artists would do this... Video would be amazing and would have to cut down on all the cellphones in the air the whole show. In fact, they should just stop allowing people to have their cellphones up and start selling video. I'm tired of 5,000 kids blocking my view just so they can get some cred on the internet.
11:44 AM on 01/17/14
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Linkin park has been doing this like 5 years haven't they? I think Weezer has been too or at least for the blue/pink shows
11:48 AM on 01/17/14
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Lot of jam bands have been doing this or something like it for awhile...Phish, Umphrey's, Widespread etc.

I think Pearl Jam might too actually. And Wilco's been recording every show and releasing about a quarter of them for the last couple of years. But yeah Bruce is a great artist to test-drive this idea on a larger scale.
Yup yup, exactly. I didn't know if it could be pulled off on a scale like that and seeing that it's happening is really cool.
12:04 PM on 01/17/14
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Whoa this could be really cool.
12:06 PM on 01/17/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Not bad. Make some extra money from something major artists tend to do routinely anyway. I'm sure a few artists who tend to add outros and long bridges like Muse or Ed Sheeran with his complicated loop pedal sequences will benefit from this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos