Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

311 To Release New Album in March

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (01/19/14)
311 will release their new album, Stereolithic on March 11th and it is currently available to preorder through PledgeMusic

Submitted by botDs-r

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
10:57 AM on 01/19/14
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
New 311 album and Dark Souls II on the same day. Life is good
11:09 AM on 01/19/14
RTD2
Weekender
User Info.
311 out on 3.11

nice.
02:29 PM on 01/19/14
Robb
ism
User Info.
Been preordered for a week now - can't wait.
02:36 PM on 01/19/14
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
one of my favorite bands
04:45 PM on 01/19/14
augibudogida
daddy is home
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully better than the last 2 they put out. Love 311, but both the songs and Bob Rock's production were not their best...
05:23 PM on 01/19/14
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
Hopefully better than the last 2 they put out. Love 311, but both the songs and Bob Rock's production were not their best...
I actually really liked Rock's production, specifically on Uplifter (unpopular opinion, I know). I thought that album showed the band's range and was a tad on the poppy side which I didn't mind.

I'm always excited to see what these guys put out.
05:45 PM on 01/19/14
schaft
iESTOY POOPIN!
User Info.
08:08 PM on 01/19/14
augibudogida
daddy is home
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually really liked Rock's production, specifically on Uplifter (unpopular opinion, I know). I thought that album showed the band's range and was a tad on the poppy side which I didn't mind.

I'm always excited to see what these guys put out.
Uplifter's production was not bad in my opinion, I liked the music alright and it sounded nice but the lyrics were pretty bad even for 311. Universal Pulse sounded dead though. Literally everything seemed lifeless, which is not good for a band like 311. I love this band and have supported every release. I just feel like this album will be much better than the last 2.
08:23 PM on 01/19/14
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Uplifter's production was not bad in my opinion, I liked the music alright and it sounded nice but the lyrics were pretty bad even for 311. Universal Pulse sounded dead though. Literally everything seemed lifeless, which is not good for a band like 311. I love this band and have supported every release. I just feel like this album will be much better than the last 2.
I'm actually the opposite. Universal Pulse had a full of life sound to the album. It was a great singalong album that translated well into their live show. Uplifter was hard to listen to. If they added Hey You, It's Alright, Daisy Cutter, and Never Ending Summer on Universal Pulse and made it a 12 song album, I think it would've been more well received.
09:26 PM on 01/19/14
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
I see what they did there.
08:44 AM on 01/20/14
Robb
ism
User Info.

I'm actually the opposite. Universal Pulse had a full of life sound to the album. It was a great singalong album that translated well into their live show. Uplifter was hard to listen to. If they added Hey You, It's Alright, Daisy Cutter, and Never Ending Summer on Universal Pulse and made it a 12 song album, I think it would've been more well received.

I think UP is a solid collection, but just not well produced. Chad is better served behind the drums, it seems. Apparently, they played a few earlier mixes of songs on the cruise that sounded much richer, so I'd love to hear those versions.

I'm an Uplifter apologist - I really like the album, despite it being the least favorite (it varies with DTOM) of many 311 fans. But there's a lot wrong with it. No flow, forgettable slow songs, a terrible choice for an opener (Jackpot or Never Ending Summer would have been a much better choice), and some other serious issues.

But everything they're saying about the new album sounds promising - hopefully most of what they say comes true.
09:16 AM on 01/20/14
Simonthm
User Info.
Here's a video of the album announcement, which appears to be playing a new song in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8xw7ElfPCc
02:09 PM on 01/20/14
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
There's some great songs on both those albums but they got old and now just want to play feel good songs for all the spring breakers on their cruise ship.
10:24 AM on 01/23/14
Robb
ism
User Info.

Meh.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music