1. How did you get your band name? Our bass player was walking up the stairs and saw a shopping bag that had a really cool design on it that said the word Meridian on it and he pitched it and we all kinda dug it.
2. How did this band get started? We all played in another band and lost our vocalist so we decided to start over and our mutual friend David (who had never been in a band before) tried out and won his spot and we started writing music together.
3. What bands are you influenced by? More Than Life, Foo Fighters, KoRn, Hundredth.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Slipknot, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Cookout.
6. Why should people listen to your band? Music is the coolest thing in the world to us and the only thing we love more than listening to it is writing and playing it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Derek Jeter, he's the king of New York and a class act.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Lil B the Based God.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? The value of the physical CD. Bands put a lot of time into them. The digital mp3 kind of killed it. We wish we could go back to when CDs mattered to people.
10. Memorable tour experience? Van breaking down in Florida and being stranded in Daytona for a week.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? Definitely the go-to place for all music rumors and music news on bands we really like.
12. What is your favorite song to play? "Hollow."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Bermuda.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Blink 182, Sum 41, The Foo Fighters, AC/DC
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? The ability to teleport so if we're ever in an awkward moment or stuck in Florida with vehicle troubles we can just leave.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? The two Chrises drink green tea with honey and do vocal warmups in the parking lot before every show.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? We're all relatively young. No one in our band is 21 yet and we're still really goofy teenagers from suburban NY.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? We all love pop and rap but it sucks that bands with a lot of talent don't get the same exposure just because of the genre they choose to play.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Skate, play basketball, watch sports, play videogames, watch Seth Rogen movies.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Chris Evanko is a world class rice-maker.