1. How did you get your band name? We all liked staying home from school. Nothing's better than waking up and hearing that you're off today because of the snow that fell overnight. Especially if you didn't do your homework.
2. How did this band get started? By continuously blowing oxygen on an ember lit by a spontaneous spark that was the result of a musical friendship.
3. What bands are you influenced by? The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Shins, Of Montreal.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? See influences. Also Nada Surf because they seem super chill.
5. Best food to eat on tour? A home cooked meal (rare, but clutch when available).
6. Why should people listen to your band? Because we put a lot of effort and love into this music and to share it with others is a great feeling.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks, because he's very talented but still has a lot to prove.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Definitely the production & promotional team that helped me achieve such an illustrious award.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? $$$
10. Memorable tour experience? Sleeping in a bed.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? A great way for music fans to be exposed to talent they would be hard pressed to connect with through conventional music consumer avenues.
12. What is your favorite song to play? We have a song called "Glowing Purple."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? SXSW would be nice.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Phil Collins, Dire Straights. That song that goes "say it loud. Say it clear. You can listen as loud as you hear."
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? That's easy: teleportation.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? I like a thorough sound-check.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? You don't know me son!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? I like the radio. There's a lot of different types of stations. I'm sure we could find a niche on certain college radio stations that are a bit more on the grassroots side of things.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Work on music!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I can put my left arm behind my back and touch my right ear. I'm also really good as Ms. Pacman.