Username
Password
Nine Inch Nails News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Nine Inch Nails
Inside AP.net

Trent Reznor Not Pleased with Grammys, CBS

Posted by: Drew Beringer (01/27/14)
Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) was not pleased with the Grammys and CBS after the telecast cut short his show-closing performance with Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters), and Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac).
trent_reznor: Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92.
07:11 AM on 01/27/14
somethingwitty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did the same thing to Arcade Fire a couple years ago...its completely disrespectful. If this was Katy Perry, or god forbid Beyonce you know they wouldn't dare pull that shit...its a joke. Their performance had more artistic value than maybe all off the other performances combined...
07:11 AM on 01/27/14
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Well, he's obviously right...
07:19 AM on 01/27/14
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As soon as it started cutting to credits I said....whelp Reznor's not going to be happy about this. I can't imagine the amount of convincing it even took to get him to perform in the first place.
07:20 AM on 01/27/14
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
The show/channel have time limits that have to be followed or else they'd lose tons of money. It's not disrespectful, it was a necessity. That how live TV is. Somebody must have gone over time earlier on.
07:23 AM on 01/27/14
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The show/channel have time limits that have to be followed or else they'd lose tons of money. It's not disrespectful, it was a necessity. That how live TV is. Somebody must have gone over time earlier on.
They were already 45 minutes over. What was 5 more?
07:23 AM on 01/27/14
TylerDrumming
User Info.
It's still on the Grammys for not managing their time better. Don't overbook your show if it means you may have to cut off performances. It is disrespectful.
07:24 AM on 01/27/14
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
they were very adamant about getting people to wrap up their speeches and stuff. they were obviously on a tight schedule, and had to cut people off here and there. what did Reznor expect? that they'd go over their time so everyone could finish watching his performance? psh.
07:25 AM on 01/27/14
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.

True but it doesn't make it right. If someone needs to always get the short end of the stick at the end of the show, don't make it three of the top musicians making new music in the rock world.
07:30 AM on 01/27/14
projectmayhem16
keep cool but care
User Info.
God I love him.
07:34 AM on 01/27/14
hiya
User Info.
It sucks, but they literally cut off the last act every single year. At least they're performance ruled.
07:37 AM on 01/27/14
obrookso
User Info.
Semi-Sonic's drummer has a funny, similar anecdote about their playing of Closing Time at the Grammy's in his book "So You Wanna Be a Rock & Roll Star"
07:37 AM on 01/27/14
SmileWithASmirk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's still on the Grammys for not managing their time better. Don't overbook your show if it means you may have to cut off performances. It is disrespectful.
Loose tons of money just to put it back in their pockets??
07:41 AM on 01/27/14
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
Yeah well I understand why he's pissed but I dunno why he expected anything different
07:42 AM on 01/27/14
assasiNATE
User Info.
i got so pissed when they cut off LL Cool J last year.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests