Username
Password

07:04 AM on 01/28/14 
User Info.
BurningStars
Banned For Life
Hollywood, CA
Multiple Females
Who in So Cal is excited for Allister this weekend? They are playing San Diego on Friday and Glasshouse in Pomona on Saturday with MxPx and Kristopher Roe (The Ataris). I've been looking forward to this for months. Haven't seen Allister or MxPx in almost 7 years and never saw Kristopher play solo. Should be a fun weekend.
09:49 PM on 01/29/14 
User Info.
Dan1234
No Avatar Selected
Allister is amazing. Last Stop Suburbia is one of my favorite cds. I also love Jimmy's Dreamgirl, Moper, You Lied, D2, From the Ground Up, Study In Economics. Man this band has so many great songs.

My favorites from Countdown To Nowhere are Failure, All We Needed, Yearbook, and Free.

I'd love to hear them play all of those songs plus the entire LSS cd in its entirety. I've seen that band 9 times(every time they hit Atlanta since 2002) and they are truly amazing. So underrated it hurts.

My favorite tour they did was with Fenix Tx in 2005.
02:49 PM on 01/30/14 
User Info.
BurningStars
Banned For Life
Hollywood, CA
Multiple Females
What about the album Life Behind Machines?
10:49 PM on 01/30/14 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
I follow Scott on Twitter and saw photos of them rehearsing, but despite me living on the opposite coast, saw zero promotion for this. Regardless, Allister rules and I hope people are stoked.

Wish they could tour more often, but I can't imagine their draw in the US makes touring worth it. They're one of the few bands from "back in the day" that I think could hold their own today and tour with modern bands.

I wasn't super stoked on LBM, but it's got about 5 or so really decent songs on there. I liked CTN a ton. It goes without saying that the old stuff is all fantastic.

Also, I hope one day Scott revives The Get Go. That was incredible. Once he finally got rid of that dork from Showoff and took over vocals, it got even better.
03:10 PM on 02/13/14 
User Info.
BurningStars
Banned For Life
Hollywood, CA
Multiple Females
We were posting about the Pomona show a lot on our Facebook and Twitter. I know all 3 shows sold out and I am pretty sure Pomona was way over capacity.

haha I agree about Scott being a great singer but I did like Chris from Showoff too.
01:48 AM on 02/14/14 
User Info.
PerfectChaos337
Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Happy for those dudes. I remember last time they played Long Island, our scene's superstar local band, Patent Pending was doing a CD release show, and it totally killed Allister's draw. They're both pop-punk bands, so why the promoter didn't have the thought to just put Allister on that show baffles me.

I saw footage from the Chicago LSS show, and it looked packed and awesome, but I wasn't sure if they usually can bring in that many people. Glad that they can and that people are going off for them. I think it would be totally normal to see Allister tour with a band like ATL or MOB in 2014, honestly. Wish someone cool would bring them out.

But yeah, The Get Go ruled, I like the first record better, but the second one had a cool vibe to it and some good jams. I actually thought Chris was decent too and I dig some of the Showoff stuff a ton, but those 3 re-recorded tracks with Scott on Vocals just blow the originals away, I think.
02:03 AM on 02/23/14 
User Info.
BurningStars
Banned For Life
Hollywood, CA
Multiple Females
Long Island? Wow haha I used to spend quite a lot of time there when I lived on the east coast. I saw Diffuser at the Downtown and Continental one time I was out there. I forget which venue was in Long Island and which was in the city. I used to stay in Hicksville a lot and go over to Nassau Collesium for Warped Tour for years. One time I flew out there for less than 24 hours to be in The Never Enders video. haha I do miss it there though.

Yeah that's odd they didn't put Allister on the Patent Pending show. I saw Rob with The Ataris before the whole incident with them went down.

I cannot find The Get Go cds anywhere. I know Amazon once had it years ago but it's gone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos