AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

The Gaslight Anthem Stream "She Loves You"...

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/28/14)
The Gaslight Anthem is now streaming "She Loves You" from their B-Sides collection over at the Wall Street Journal. The full album is now up on Rdio.

Submitted by Vance Mook

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:03 AM on 01/28/14
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I've always thought that song should have been the album closer on Slang instead of We Did It When We Were Young.
11:35 AM on 01/28/14
texan4lif281
User Info.
Sweeeeeeeet.
12:17 PM on 01/28/14
ReidAR27
let's chop cats! let's chop cats!
User Info.
I've always thought that song should have been the album closer on Slang instead of We Did It When We Were Young.
I agree completely. Helluva song.
12:52 PM on 01/28/14
benjammin07
User Info.
not really stoked on this collection :(
02:01 PM on 01/28/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great song. Would have fit in on American Slang, but strong enough to stand on it's own. Definitely one of my favourite Gaslight songs.
02:22 PM on 01/28/14
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
No Blue Dahlia? Whaaaaaaaaaat.
02:48 PM on 01/28/14
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
This. I liked that song more than I liked most of the material on Handwritten and I'm pretty shocked it didn't make the B-Sides record.
02:51 PM on 01/28/14
kmilongo
Circuitry of the wolf.
User Info.
/thread
03:21 PM on 01/28/14
Jason Tate
User Info.

This. I liked that song more than I liked most of the material on Handwritten and I'm pretty shocked it didn't make the B-Sides record.

Not a S1D release ... no rights to put it on there.
04:45 PM on 01/28/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why do people try and make Blue Dahlia out to be the best Gaslight Anthem song? It's a really cool song, but the key changes draw a momentary reaction that could break the flow of Handwritten, and that moment was to be for National Anthem as the acoustic closer. Being a b-side has only helped make it more popular because it had more individual attention (deluxe had that original and two covers). Hold You Up, Misery and Teenage Rebellion don't get enough love as fantastic Gaslight B-sides. Plus, You Got Lucky, Sliver and Skinny Love were a nice mix of covers.

Love this band, don't understand some fans sometimes.
06:30 PM on 01/28/14
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Not a S1D release ... no rights to put it on there.

Ah fair enough. The ending portion of that song is my favorite part of Handwritten (well, songs that should have been on Handwritten).
08:55 PM on 01/28/14
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
Why do people try and make Blue Dahlia out to be the best Gaslight Anthem song? It's a really cool song, but the key changes draw a momentary reaction that could break the flow of Handwritten, and that moment was to be for National Anthem as the acoustic closer. Being a b-side has only helped make it more popular because it had more individual attention (deluxe had that original and two covers). Hold You Up, Misery and Teenage Rebellion don't get enough love as fantastic Gaslight B-sides. Plus, You Got Lucky, Sliver and Skinny Love were a nice mix of covers.

Love this band, don't understand some fans sometimes.
I think Blue Dahlia would fit perfectly where Desire is, and is a better track than Desire in almost every aspect.

Blue Dahlia is a fan favorite song, and maybe in the top 3 or at least top 5 from the Handwritten catalog for most Gaslight fans. So I think that would be why many people are confused as to why it was left off the album. The song is damn good.

You exaggerate the point of people saying it's the best Gaslight song ever. And your point of the key change interrupting the flow of the album is weak. I don't see it nor would I think it'd make one difference for the "flow".
10:26 PM on 01/28/14
somekid773
I was a ghost on your birthday
User Info.
Recording starting in March...sweet Jesus, yes!
05:59 AM on 01/29/14
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Blue Dahlia would fit perfectly where Desire is, and is a better track than Desire in almost every aspect.

Blue Dahlia is a fan favorite song, and maybe in the top 3 or at least top 5 from the Handwritten catalog for most Gaslight fans. So I think that would be why many people are confused as to why it was left off the album. The song is damn good.

You exaggerate the point of people saying it's the best Gaslight song ever. And your point of the key change interrupting the flow of the album is weak. I don't see it nor would I think it'd make one difference for the "flow".

I love Handwritten and I couldn't imagine any song not being on there. If you switch Blue Dahlia for Desire, that'd mean it would follow Biloxi Parish and Desire would follow National Anthem (assuming you get the deluxe version, which means you get all the songs anyway). Blue Dahlia is probably a stronger stand alone song, and that key change does catch people off guard on a first listen.

It's also ok to have a great song as a b-side if it has the qualities of a great stand alone track. She Loves You was left on American Slang and that's also a fan favourite. I just believe it stands alone as a bSide stronger than We Did It When We Were Young. It's the digital age of music, and b-sides are a lot easier to get now than in the tape and cd age if you ever had experienced that. I guess in this case you could reorganize the track list on your own to better suit your preference.

Excited to hear what the new material will sound like. Hope they have lots of b-sides for us again to go with album.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums