AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

XO Stream New Album

Posted by - 10:48 AM on 01/28/14
XO's new album Heart is streaming in full today on Pandora.

Submitted by fbrrocks

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
11:27 AM on 01/28/14
deadenddecember
User Info.
really enjoyed their debut ep, and some of these songs are on par (or beyond) those composition-wise, but the production on this isn't really doing it for me. the vocals are way too low, i get that it aligns with the shoegaze/fuzz style they have, but the whole mix just sounds muddy to me. it could potentially just be the stream source, here's to hoping that's the case.
11:39 AM on 01/28/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
really enjoyed their debut ep, and some of these songs are on par (or beyond) those composition-wise, but the production on this isn't really doing it for me. the vocals are way too low, i get that it aligns with the shoegaze/fuzz style they have, but the whole mix just sounds muddy to me. it could potentially just be the stream source, here's to hoping that's the case.
Agreed on every point. Good songs, but the production feels lazy, not stylistic.
11:56 AM on 01/28/14
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Two songs in this and I already dig it more than Anarchy, My Dear. Reminds me a lot of The 1975 and the kind of sounds that band is influenced by. Gotta pre-order this thing on vinyl, I can see this blowing up if it's pushed toward the right markets.
12:20 PM on 01/28/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Two songs in this and I already dig it more than Anarchy, My Dear. Reminds me a lot of The 1975 and the kind of sounds that band is influenced by. Gotta pre-order this thing on vinyl, I can see this blowing up if it's pushed toward the right markets.
Just grabbed the vinyl as well - too good not to.
01:16 PM on 01/28/14
QuietThings430
Stop liking things.
User Info.
Might have to get that 7" they released last year too. That b-side is great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos