1. How did you get your band name? Our guitarist Julian came up with it. Itís a take on the saying Ďgive up the ghost.í Take what you will from that!
2. How did this band get started? James and I met in student halls on our first day of university. Once we decided to form a band, we brought Julian in on guitar who James knew previously. Then Alex just appeared one day (Iím not really sure from where) and he has stuck around ever since as our drummer.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Bands like Thrice and Alexisonfire immediately come to mind. We take influence from all types of music though. Once you stop drawing in new influences, your song writing is at risk of stagnating as you repeat ideas.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Iíd love to tour with Architects. They put on a killer live show and seem like really down to earth guys. Failing that, Thrice are due a reunion right?
5. Best food to eat on tour? Weíve been known to indulge in the occasional 2am pizza. Weíre only human!
6. Why should people listen to your band? Riffs. Big choruses. Guitar Solos. Breakdowns. The sound of four guys loving the music they write.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? If youíve seen any of us, Iím sure youíll agree that none of us are exactly athletic. Any athlete would be an upgrade.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Probably the judges for accepting our bribes... On a serious note, we appreciate all the support weíve had from girlfriends, families and every one who has helped us along the way.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? I think thereís far too much emphasis on the social lives on artists/musicians. Itís nice to learn more about them but I donít need to know what they have for breakfast each day.
10. Memorable tour experience? One time Julian and I got on the wrong train home after a gig. We ended up miles in the wrong direction and Julian got into a fight with a vending machine because it wouldnít give him his Doritos. Might not be as crazy as some bands, but I donít think Iíve ever laughed so much in my life.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? I love that AP gives exposure to smaller bands as well as the bigger ones. It makes it a good place to find out about new bands as well as learning new stuff about bands you already love!
12. What is your favorite song to play? I love playing ĎTo The Sun,' which is the closing track on Chasing Waves. Itís definitely the heaviest song weíve written. We love closing our set with it!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Iíd love to go to New Zealand. Me and James are massive Lord of the Rings geeks. Plus it has loads of sheep, just like home!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? I got into music when bands like Linkin Park and Paparoach were the big thing. It was interesting at the time, but it ran its course pretty quickly. Itís a nice nostalgia trip to listen to it sometimes on the way to gigs though!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Iíd probably have Wolverineís claws but instead of metal claws its sausages. Then you just sit back and wait for the BBQ invites.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Itís not a superstition as such, but Julian has a tendency to wear the worst Hawaiian shirts on stage. I apologise to anyone who has experienced that. Terrible...
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Weíve already started writing our next release! Itís definitely an extension of the sound developed in Chasing Waves, but at the same time itís pulling in different directions that weíve not explored before. Itís sounding great.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? I think mainstream radio is a difficult thing to break. Their playlists seem dictated by whatís popular and thereís less emphasis on exposing their listeners new music. That being said, there are some great stations and DJís out there that really embrace music that otherwise wouldnít get exposure.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Everyone in the band really loves films. Iíd love for us to score a film some day. It demands such a subtle approach and can often convey more emotions than a song full of lyrics ever could.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? I donít think we really have any hidden talents. If you have a talent, you should be proud and not hide it away.