AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Fantasy Football Results: Charity Wins

Posted by - 04:20 PM on 01/31/14
In case anyone forgot, this past fall we launched the first-ever AP.net Fantasy Football Challenge. Members of our community contributed $20 each and all the money was put into a pool. Each of the fantasy football leagues was run by a band member and each member picked a charity. An ultimate winner (using win-loss record, points for, points against and point differential as measuring sticks) has now been determined! The winner of Brandon Pagano's (Handguns) league, Micah, finished with an 11-3 record and the best overall point differential out of all the champions, so the money collected nearly $3,000 will be donated next week to the Ronald McDonald House of Albany. In case you're wondering how your favorite band members performed, Dan Campbell (The Wonder Years) and Brian Southall (TREOS) each won their leagues. Other winners included Gunz (The Gunz Show) and Ryan Soroka (owner of The Soroka Agency). Thank you very much to all who participated!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
04:25 PM on 01/31/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I'm in shock and I'm extremely honored to have been a part of something so cool. Everyone seemed to really enjoy this and I hope it continues into next year!

Thank you Micah for totally dominating!
04:41 PM on 01/31/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Now I feel like a dick cause if I (at 7-7) hadn't pulled off the upset against Brian from The Starting Line, his squad would've won the overall title and the money would've gone to his charit. Still this was a ton of fun and I would definitely love to do it again next year
04:43 PM on 01/31/14
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The 13-1 guy in my league would've won if I hadn't gotten 50 points from Jamal Charles in week 15... oops
04:44 PM on 01/31/14
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
I had a ton of fun playing in my league though and even exercised some bragging rights at the recent The Starting Line holiday show. Brian was gracious enough to sign the poster and write an inscription that says "alright alright you're the best"

http://instagram.com/p/ij-tY5AIFI/

I also feel like I should personally apologize to Alex's Lemonade Stand lolololol.
04:54 PM on 01/31/14
Soupy
User Info.
I had an amazing time with this! Thank you to everyone who participated. Happy to have won my league and to see this money go to an awesome charity.
05:09 PM on 01/31/14
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I had an awesome time playing in Soupy's league, was a ton of fun playing him in the final. Hope to see this return next season. Congrats Micah.
05:16 PM on 01/31/14
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
06:47 PM on 01/31/14
micahislegend
User Info.
I don't post much, but I am beyond excited that I could get this win for Brandon's charity. More than happy that I could be in a league with Brandon and support a charity as awesome as RMHC. The idea for this league was incredible, I enjoyed competing against everyone all season, and I can't wait to do it again next year.
06:53 PM on 01/31/14
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I don't post much, but I am beyond excited that I could get this win for Brandon's charity. More than happy that I could be in a league with Brandon and support a charity as awesome as RMHC. The idea for this league was incredible, I enjoyed competing against everyone all season, and I can't wait to do it again next year.

My man! Love you.
09:41 PM on 01/31/14
Mudkip
Joe Barone
User Info.
Any chance of there being a fantasy baseball league or another football one next season? I would love to be a part of this again.
10:12 PM on 01/31/14
Jake Denning
User Info.
Had a blast with Jason Aalon and everyone else who participated in our league. Russell Wilson was a good grab!
12:13 AM on 02/01/14
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
Missed my draft and ended up losing in the first week of the playoffs. Not to bad at all.
01:21 AM on 02/01/14
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
I may have missed a band or two.

03:30 AM on 02/01/14
topshelfsquad
User Info.
Aaron Rodgers / Arian Foster *seemed* like good first picks, haha. Let's do this again next year!!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos