|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Next question please...
2. How did this band get started?
I moved to Chicago from Philadelphia. I was jobless, friendless, homeless, and eager to rock. I wrote and recorded all the instruments on an album, recruited players to learn my songs, and rocked. So starts HOT BAGELS in 2014.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Beatles, The Cats.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Marc Antony, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac Rumours-era, Paul McCartney (1970-80-yes even WINGS ftw).
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Hummus and baguette sandwiches made in the parking lot of grocery stores. -OR- George "Tour"man grilled cheese sandwiches (plugged in to where the soda machine is supposed to be plugged).
6. Why should people listen to your band?
It is REAL music. Stripped down noisy heartfelt indie punk rock.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
2008 Philadelphia Phillies.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Stop releasing such horrible music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
25 hour bus ride (due to snow) "around" the Andes Mountains en route to Chile while trapped with a very angry and coked up transvestite prostitute (one of our tourmates actually got punched).
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
CCR jams all day
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Screeching Weasel, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Time travel... to fix all regrets.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
4 bumps of cocaine, 1 soda, 2 Redbulls, 3 5 Hour Energies, 1 pushup... then rock.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Be Happy Records is a FRONT.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Write music and rock. There is nothing else I'd rather do. It gets me high.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am a pre-school teacher.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |