AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 47
11:51 AM on 02/11/14
canvasofwinter
User Info.
i feel like you would really be into russian circles if you like this, all their albums are great. also check out: caspian, godspeed you! black emperor, and 65daysofstatic. those four are probably my favorite instrumental groups (along with tides of man now)
Awesome, thanks so much! Gonna check these all out. Exploring new genres is the best.
12:03 PM on 02/11/14
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
User Info.
My first favorite of the year.
12:47 PM on 02/11/14
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How well would I be able to sleep to this album?
12:57 PM on 02/11/14
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
How well would I be able to sleep to this album?
i gave it a try last night, worked out pretty well actually despite how loud it can get
01:14 PM on 02/11/14
Peerless
User Info.
Excellent album.

Love Mountain House, and the huge part at 1:50. Soooooo damn good.
01:16 PM on 02/11/14
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
Awesome, thanks so much! Gonna check these all out. Exploring new genres is the best.
Check out the new Caspian album "Waking Season"

Probably the best post-rock album I've heard in a very long time.

Also, when I first started getting into the genre, Gifts From Enola's "From Fathoms" really got me into it.
01:19 PM on 02/11/14
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
Check out the new Caspian album "Waking Season"

Probably the best post-rock album I've heard in a very long time.

Also, when I first started getting into the genre, Gifts From Enola's "From Fathoms" really got me into it.
gifts from enola are great too, dunno how i forgot them. super underrated band
01:36 PM on 02/11/14
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Instrumental music isn't bad by any means but personally I don't really have a big use for it. Of course I have a few favourites ("A Colores" by Tristeza comes to mind but probably a result of nostalgia) but it's just not a style I'd either workout or drive to. That said, what I've heard of this album is pleasant and I'm glad they are soldiering on despite a new vocalist not being able to work out.
01:48 PM on 02/11/14
Ryan Dennehy
Instrumental music isn't bad by any means but personally I don't really have a big use for it. Of course I have a few favourites ("A Colores" by Tristeza comes to mind but probably a result of nostalgia) but it's just not a style I'd either workout or drive to. That said, what I've heard of this album is pleasant and I'm glad they are soldiering on despite a new vocalist not being able to work out.
If this is what you use your music for primarily, it explains a lot about what you like and why
01:52 PM on 02/11/14
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
If this is what you use your music for primarily, it explains a lot about what you like and why
Probably. Although I do have favourites in most every genre, I tend to prefer certain genres more because they incidentally go hand in hand with my routine life. I just don't have time to lay down and listen to music these days nor do I have any interest in crowd pleasing stuff that I may hear in a group setting.
02:05 PM on 02/11/14
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
gifts from enola are great too, dunno how i forgot them. super underrated band
They really are, unfortunately.
02:48 PM on 02/11/14
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Didn't they break up? A healthy fear was one of my favorites from 2012 in any case.
04:19 PM on 02/11/14
Barcara
\rm/
User Info.
Russian Circles are pure bliss.
Empros is still my favourite, Memorial still isn't sticking with me for whatever reason, that being said it's still really good.

And this album is fantastic, always thought I by definition I should like Tides of Man but never did.
I like 'em now though.
09:56 PM on 02/11/14
viennafan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The more times I listen to this album,the more I like it and the more I hear.Good review. I have only seen
positive reviews. Happy for Tides. My son is the bass player so you can see how truly overjoyed I am that
they could do such an amazing switch to a new style.
10:18 AM on 02/12/14
stockholmsyn182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was on the fence about buying this album and then I read this review. I am super impressed with this album and would like to see what they have planned for a live performance. Hoping for some cool light/interactive show.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos