Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 47
01:22 PM on 02/12/14
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Honestly, not a lot -- a little Explosions, a little Emancipator, and that's mostly it. I think Young and Courageous might be my gateway album into the genre. Some recs would be awesome!
Check out an EP from This Will Destroy You called "Young Mountain", among others that people already named here, this one is really cohesive and strongly touching, like some of EITS and Caspian songs.. It's like my first go to record when I want to introduce my friends to the genre, and everybody liked it no matter what music would they normally turn to! ;D

Anyway, it's about Tides of Man, so to say a word it's one of the most pleasant surprises lately.. My friend that's been a huge fan of Tilian and previous records told me that they're playing live shows without him, and he knew that I liked post rock so hinted me to check tchem out as they were supposedly good - I kind of slept on the idea, until they recorded something. And of course, I did like Dreamhouse, but I didn't imagine it to be that good - I like Y&C way more! Congratulations to the guys!
01:29 PM on 02/12/14
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Probably. Although I do have favourites in most every genre, I tend to prefer certain genres more because they incidentally go hand in hand with my routine life. I just don't have time to lay down and listen to music these days nor do I have any interest in crowd pleasing stuff that I may hear in a group setting.
yeah and this kind of music is the best when you do have some time for it indeed - if you want to enjoy it fully you have to sit down and relax, listen to it with your undivided attention, then it hits you ;D I got into it only after my first live show (Caspian, God is an Astronaut), it changed my view completely! ...And I also don't like driving with instrumental music - on the longer runs for sure, but I switch to few tunes sometimes. The American Dollar is awesome for late evening drives for a simple example! Until you might get tired or sleepy ;p
Really nice to takie an album like this one for a walk with your headphones, and I can't wait till I find a moment to do it with Young & Courageous.
02:14 PM on 02/12/14
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
User Info.
How has no one mentioned Lights & Motion yet
05:39 PM on 02/12/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
never listened, i'll have to check them out
08:12 AM on 02/13/14
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
He has a totally different approach I suppose, I'd leave it out in a subgenre of it as the music is vastly different in most parts. At least taking the use of electronics and rapid string arrangements, athough some songs are pretty obviously inspired by for example Sigór Rós : )

And you can't name ALL the bands from the genre just to compare, like 5 is enough for somebody to check it out.
08:22 PM on 02/15/14
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Yeah this is really, really solid.

Also, anyone looking for recs should also check out Cloudkicker's Fade.
08:24 PM on 02/15/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Yeah this is really, really solid.

Also, anyone looking for recs should also check out Cloudkicker's Fade.
backed, cloudkicker is the shit
09:05 AM on 02/18/14
beauvais910
User Info.
It's so good.
02:38 PM on 02/19/14
joeygiraldo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
why did you give the vocals 8.75 for an instrumental album?
03:32 PM on 02/19/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
why did you give the vocals 8.75 for an instrumental album?
i wasnt thinking and the individual categories dont mean anything anymore
10:41 AM on 02/20/14
Jasonhxc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first favorite of the year.
Same here.
10:43 AM on 02/20/14
Jasonhxc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i gave it a try last night, worked out pretty well actually despite how loud it can get
I could def fall asleep to this, and I say that in the best way possibly. This stuff is really ambient and soothing.
10:44 AM on 02/20/14
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I could def fall asleep to this, and I say that in the best way possibly. This stuff is really ambient and soothing.
yeah a lot of my favorite albums ever are staples on my sleep playlist. not an insult at all for music to be relaxing and soothing, which this definitely is
08:23 AM on 02/25/14
shootemup
User Info.
Loved this album.
What should I start with if I want to give their previous records a chance?
08:35 AM on 02/25/14
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Loved this album.
What should I start with if I want to give their previous records a chance?
Dreamhouse

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version