AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Bhavana Reddy - Tangled in Emotions EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 9
Production 9
Creativity 9
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 90%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Bhavana Reddy - Tangled in Emotions EP

Reviewed by: Gregory Robson (02/12/14)
Bhavana Reddy - Tangled In Emotions EP
Record Label: Self-released
Release Date: Feb. 8, 2014

Ready for something a little different? Give yourself 30 minutes and dive into the soaring, whimsical spirit of Bhavana Reddy. Evoking the windswept zest of A.R. Rahman and the panoramic Indian countryside, album opener “She” has a circadian swirl and an effortlessness that absolutely vaults Reddy to to the top of the list of ones to watch in 2014 and beyond. Just listen as she bends and swerves her voice around the rising rhythms, absolutely imploring the listener to stop what they’re doing and really dive into her kaleidoscopic world.

If “She” doesn’t grab you (and seriously how can it not?) then the soaring “Smells Like Rain,” and its guttural Brandi Carlile-esque vocals most certainly will.Though the EP is half over, Reddy has already catapulted herself forward in a manner that is both magnetic and awe-inspiring. On the title track she returns to the dazzling colors of India and parlays that against a sentiment of mid-tempo melancholy. Towards the latter stages the song (predictably) rises and Reddy once again triumphs, due in no small part to her dynamic vocals. After three absolute scorchers, it seems almost certain that Reddy is going to fall short. Au contraire, music listener! “Stuck in a Valley” absolutely sizzles from the very first seconds, unraveling a shimmering work of sterling production and strung-longed vocal gymnastics that practically beg for a repeat listen.

Powerhouse vocalists are blessed in that they have the ability to convey forms of emotion that can often rise above a wall of sound and leave a sizable dent on the listener’s psyche and heart. Tangled In Emotions does just that in each of these four songs. Do yourself a favor and take the 30 minutes to listen to this top-flight artist. Your ears will definitely thank you.

Recommended if You Like Brandi Carlile, Kimbra, Fiona Apple, A.R. Rahman

Tracklisting 1. She
2. Smells Like Rain
3. Tangled in Emotions
4. Stuck in a Valley

Produced by Bhavana Reddy

Find Her Here Official Website

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4.
10:32 PM on 02/15/14
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
All right, I'ma listen to this. You gave The Last Bison a review a year back and i loved that band, so let's see how this goes.
04:47 AM on 02/16/14
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
All right, I'ma listen to this. You gave The Last Bison a review a year back and i loved that band, so let's see how this goes.
That's very humbling, thanks. This is not quite The Last Bison, but this girl can sing. Hope you dig. Let me know!
08:55 PM on 02/26/14
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
That's very humbling, thanks. This is not quite The Last Bison, but this girl can sing. Hope you dig. Let me know!
I checked it out, it's not really up my alley but it's unique as hell, I always like your reviews because I'm trying to break away from the usual music I listen to. I'm checking out Driftwood, which is another band you reviewed and I love the hell out of that, keep on kicking with these reviews yo! ^.^
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS