Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts
12:14 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I just finished listening to this...I'm sorry. I generally try to consider myself an open person. I went into this with an open mind and tried really, really hard to pull the good from this album. But it's really, really, really bad.

Mashing genres can absolutely result in great things, but Issues is the little kid that mixes everything in the cupboards and tries to feed it to you. And you know what? You taste it, because you feel bad. The musicianship, the autotune, the lyrics...this is about as close as you can get to Fashionably Late without being unlistenable. Again, I'm sorry, I know a lot of people are loving this, but for the love of God, I cannot see why. End rant.
12:14 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
one of the worst albums i have ever heard

I'm just happy I didn't have to go through the experience alone <3
12:28 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
any thing for you but i will never listen to this again

I'll give it two more rounds for review but after that, never again
01:10 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I like this album, and I haven't been listening to music like this lately. Almost every song is catchy as hell and it does sound like a cohesive effort, like they've found the sound that they're going for. I'm also really glad they went with Crummett - he is one hell of a producer. All it's missing is a Jonny Craig feature
Are you...Jonny Craig?
05:34 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
right tsk tsk just a bunch of HATERS
HATERZ, amirite? LULZ
11:16 PM on 02/14/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Come see Tyler sing acapella.

Yes, he's extremely talented as a vocalist, but that doesn't help his case regarding the vocals on this record.
06:35 PM on 02/15/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This is only disappointing because of all of the definitive things I keep seeing. "This album is bad, trash, awful, waste of time," etc., what have you. Firstly, that's not fair at all to the artist because it's attempting to put a negative blanket statement on something someone worked really hard on and will affect somebody somewhere in some way, whether it's for reasons you approve of or not. Second, why attempt to put said blanket on something when it's only your opinion talking? Music is supposed to be something for everyone, so trying to define something immediately as bad directly affects the opinions of others. People are allowed to disagree. It's just not fair that, on an album review no less, people are trying to blur the line between subjective and objective.

That being said, I personally enjoy the album. I recognize its faults and flaws and enjoy it anyway. That's just my opinion.
So let me get this straight:

1. It's not okay to voice your opinion on something because the artist has feelings (guaranteed this record will sell a million copies and Issues will not care about my opinion)
2.Based on the above statement and your 'secondly', album reviews should not be a thing? Because that's a big part of it- your opinion on whether or not others should listen to this, because it is either "good" or "bad"
3.It's not fair that people are disagreeing with a positive review, even though you literally just said 'music is for everyone' and 'people are allowed to disagree'?

I'm glad you enjoyed the album. Perhaps when my review publishes you can read exactly why I don't, and that's my opinion.
07:57 PM on 02/15/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I think I'm being misunderstood, so I'll try a "more matter, less art" route.
My main frustration is the quick insistence on "it's bad" or "it's good," as opposed to "I think it's bad" or the other. It's almost taking the opportunity away from another listener to enjoy it for themselves. Like I said, it's acting like your opinion is objective. Sure, it's finicky, but I think it'd be more fair and level to express opinions in the form of an opinion, not a fact.
But you do realize that nobody's words- be it yours, mine, or the reviewer's- actually make this bad or good? People who are interested in the record are bound to listen to it, especially with so much back and forth. It's as if you're saying we should no longer have threads because you're picky with your words.
08:01 AM on 02/16/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I hate to break it to you but every artist you have purchased music for has had autotuned, and edited vocals for the entirety of your life.

Hahahahaha what
12:53 PM on 02/27/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
If you head over to Noisey you can see an article of them ripping into this band, which made me want to hear them more. Surprised to find them BNM'd by AP.net though. I'll have to form an opinion on them on my own though.
Yeah, please don't let that label fool you- if you can sit through this, more power to ya, but you'd be much better off spending your time with the new Hotelier record than this reheated pile of poo.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos