Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 24 posts
05:02 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi everyone, Chloe from the TWLOHA team here. Thanks so much for joining us tonight.
05:02 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
To Write Love on Her Arms is amazing!
Thanks so much!
05:07 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Happy Valentines Day to TWLOHA supporters from all over the world!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!! Thank you so much for being here.
05:10 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi! I'm Robin Fox, No idea if you remember me. Or if you'd even know of me. I do benefits at my high school every year to raise funds for To Write Love!
Thanks for all you do.
Thanks for supporting Robin!! :)
05:12 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Thanks for the support! :)
05:13 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hello Chloe :) We met about 3 years ago in Amsterdam. Assuming you're the same Chloe.
It is me! That was a great day and I enjoyed getting coffee with all of you.
05:19 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi everyone. I'm glad to be here with you all. It was a rough day. I am so very grateful to TWLOHA and everything that they do. I don't know where I would be without them.
So sorry things have been hard. We're glad you're here.
05:24 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi everyone! It's almost 1:30 am here in Ireland but I am so glad to be a part of the TWLOHA Valentines day chat! :) Thank you to all the good people at TWLOHA for organizing this event every year - i know that it's an encouragement to so many people, including myself :)
Thanks for joining us all the way from Ireland. :)
05:30 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I signed up to the forums just to be able to reach out to you guys tonight. All I wanted to say was - thank you all - the lovely and kind souls of TWLOHA crew, you guys do a wonderful job sharing love, support and hope. One of my favorite things are the blogs, it helps me connect with some of you and it helps me understand outside my own struggle. Beautiful work what you do, big hugs to all of you.
Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We're happy to have you here.
05:32 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Do you guys have a chapter in Richmond (VA)?
A complete list of chapters can be found here: http://twloha.com/uchapters/active-chaptershttp://twloha.com/uchapters/active-chapters
05:35 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hey everybody - Hannah here from NY
Hi Hannah! :)
05:43 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
This is the first year I've been able to actually do this. Usually I've had work. I just wanted to say thank you because of this organization I found the strength to pull myself out of the dark hole that was threatening to pull me under. I've had my ups and downs over the years, but I've managed.

My question is, how can one deal with family members who tend to make jokes about suicide or brush it under the rug. My family knows my issues with self-harm in the past and still they make jokes and they act like it never happened. Which hurts more than anything.
-Cherokee.
Hi Cherokee - Thank you so much for joining us tonight. We're so glad you're here. We're big believers in having honest conversations, and while it's hard, we encourage you to try telling your family how their jokes affect you. Sometimes people make jokes when they're unsure, uncomfortable, or they don't know what to say. That doesn't mean they don't care, and the jokes don't hurt you, but they also might not be aware of the impact it's having. Please try talking to them and know our Find Help resources are always available.
06:04 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Random question of the night: What's your thoughts on the Westboro Baptist Church, claiming that 'God is punishing people' going through hard times?
The short version is we don't agree with that. The long version is that we are not a Christian organization. Although there are people on staff who are Christians and even some Christian elements in the original story, this is an organization for all people. Because we believe issues like addiction, depression, self-injury, and suicide affect everyone, we are an organization for everyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, ability, nationality, or other differences. As an organization, we aim to be inclusive and inviting for everyone.
06:15 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Jamie-

I meet you in grand forks ND. While you were talking all I could think about were the kids I work with. And how there story matters. Today I worked for 16 hrs with them. Let's say it was a long day. But I got to spend a great valentines day. I spent it by loving my kids, and showing them that they matter. I got to end my night by reading a kid two chapters of a book we are reading. He refuses to let anybody else read to him. So I just want to say thank you to TWLOHA for teaching me what love is, and showing people they matter and deserve to be loved and be known.
I'm a UND Alum and was at the event as well. :) Thanks so much for coming and for walking through the hard stuff with your kids.
06:24 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Have any of you guys ever had issues with how you looked?
I think at some point everyone in their life has had issues with how they look / their body. What's important for me, is to focus on the kind of person I am and how I live life with others. If you're struggling with body issues, or struggling with an eating disorder please visit our ED resources here: http://twloha.com/find-help/eating-disorders

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos