AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
05:05 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
Hello everybody! Super excited to be here chatting with all of you. My name is Kayla and I'm from Mukilteo, Washington. Happy Valentine's Day!
Yay PNW!
05:12 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
A friend mentioned a cute concept today... BYOV, be your own Valentine! So I got myself a box of chocolates and a Redbox movie. Who needs a valentine when you've got a dvd player and a TWLOHA chat?!
05:15 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
I'm doing the same thing! Don't forget the ice cream! :)
Way ahead of you! I've got a date with Ben and Jerry
05:19 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
Hi Jamie! Just wanted to say thanks for some advice you gave me a while back. Told me via twitter it was ok if my uchap didn't make it. I ended up shutting it down, and it was a huge help for me mentally. I've been a lot better lately, now that I'm not living with the stress of running a chapter. I love TWLOHA, but i am NOT leadership material! Every once in a while I still feel like I failed at something really important to me, but I know it was the best decision all around :)
05:28 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
I also have recently decided to turn the university of new hampshire chapter inactive. I wasn't getting the support from my fellow leaders and the student body and for my own health it was too much for me to do on my own. I felt guilty for a whole year trying to keep it alive but sometimes its not a good fit or the timings not right. I'm still struggling with the idea that I "failed" but I don't regret the experience of attending the uchapter conference and working to bring the TWLOHA mission to UNH.

it happens.
we still matter.
it doesn't mean that we can't embody the mission on an individual basis.
=]
It was a similar situation for me... we were going through officers so often, and my school (Texas State University) is just so huge that they can't give student orgs the individual attention they need. It's so unfortunate because the "theme" for this year is mental health, but I NEVER heard back from anyone about collaborating or anything! But I just have to keep in mind that we had a decent run for a couple of years, and even though we never had more than 10 members at a time, that's 10 people we connected with!
06:11 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
The hardest part of Valentine's for me is that I'm almost 21, and I've never been in a relationship... or even on a date, or anything. At all. It's not fun to think about feeling perpetually single on the day when all anyone can talk about is love. In high school, Valentine's was the worst day of the year and I always felt left out when all of my friends with boyfriends and girlfriends got treats delivered to classes and big boxes of chocolates. I think I went home each year crying. It's a lot easier in college because my school doesn't do any Valentine's promotions like student governments and clubs in high schools do, but I can't kick this feeling of being left out. I'm following a "Be Your Own Valentine" philosophy this year, but it'd be nice to have someone in my life! I won't settle with someone just to be in a relationship, but it seems like the universe is against me and is hiding all of the guys who would connect with me!
06:32 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
Where did the name a To Write Love on Her Arms come from? Are y'all advocating girls to cut? Or is it a lyric from The Almost? Just curious...
Read this! http://twloha.com/vision/story

:)
06:53 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
I came really close to not doing the chat this year... so glad I decided to log on! Always so many great words and stories and advice. This reminds me why I'm doing what I'm doing, why I'm spending time in college and getting ready to apply to master's programs (and take the GRE --- EEEEK!). I want to help people and touch lives, and I never would have found that path if it weren't for TWLOHA and chats like this, H&L, etc. Last year I changed my major to general studies so I can focus on psychology, sociology, and health communication - minds, the people who have minds, and talking about minds! It's so good to have a clear path, so thanks for that TWLOHA.
06:59 PM on 02/14/14
kelly_twloha
User Info.
Goodnight everyone!!! It's been fun =)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News