Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts
06:03 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi, everybody! Looking forwarding to chatting tonight.
06:11 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How do you guys view compulsive skin picking/dermatillomania? Is it self harm or something else?
We have a blog about this, called "Finally Recognized".
06:15 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys! I'm Austyn from Massachusetts...looking forward to another VDay chat! This will be just what I needed after the rough start I've had so far this year.
Thanks for your support, Austyn. Sorry your year has been rough so far, we want you know that there is hope and better days ahead. We're glad you could join us!
06:28 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the blog post, Jonathan! Do you have any suggestions for breaking the "habit" so to speak and working my way towards recovery? TWLOHA has helped me through so much anxiety and depression, and I feel that I'm finally strong enough to start working through the pain of beating compulsive skin picking.
We would encourage you to seek professional help, Nicole. You can look for resources on our Find Help page and for help in your area on our Local Resources page. Another blog that could be helpful to you is Emiliy Van Atten's Ride The Wave. Remember that recovery is a process and be kind to yourself, Nicole. We want you to know that hope is real, help is real, and recovery is possible. We wish you the best in your recovery and are proud of your bravery in asking for help.
06:34 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you! It's hard going through a lot of transitions at once. I started grad school across the country from my hometown and moved out on my own for the first time ever simultaneously so it's a lot to take in. My depression and anxiety have been through the roof, but the one thing I'm grateful for is you guys. I went to Heavy and Light in ATL last year, and after talking to Jamie and him telling me I was capable of reaching my full potential, I realized there is no place I'd rather be but here in the present and doing what I want with my life. Things may not always go as planned, but I'm hopeful that it'll work out eventually. For anyone struggling with change, everything happens for a reason, and we are where we are because there's something great in our future. Even when I wake up feeling hopeless, I feel blessed just to be alive.
Your welcome! Thank you for sharing with us. You are capable of reaching your full potential, Austyn, and we are stoked that you feel blessed to be alive. We appreciate the respect you've given us and we want you to know that you matter. You are right that things do not always go as planned but there are always better days ahead. We wish you the best in grad school and all of your endeavors, Austyn.
06:40 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well it's being a good awesome year thanks to Jamie and all the Twloha staff. Today, I'll be here again but as someone different. I crossed the other side. I am sober now. So just want to make something clear. You are NOT ALONE. People today we can chat, today we can be friends...who knows? maybe we can become real strong super duper best friends! Just try and let all that you feel or/and think out. okay? so following my advice just wanted to say to you: love ya babes!
Hey, browney4es, thanks for joining us!

We are stoked to hear that you are in recovery. Thanks for your inspiring words; we strongly believe in the power of community, that people need other people, and we encourage everyone to reach out and talk about what is going on inside. We appreciate your support and admire your bravery for not only being in recovery but for sharing with all of us.
06:48 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I completely forgot to add this: I also wanted to thank you guys for replying to my email about the tornado that hit my town in November. I wasn't expecting a reply, especially it had been a while since I had sent the email. It really made my day to see the reply and hear what had you to say. The town is doing strong in rebuilding all the damage that devastated us. :)
Hey, cherry8914! We're glad you could join us.

We're happy we were able to be there for you during a difficult time. We are stoked to hear that the town is rebuilding and doing strong. We appreciate your support and that you are able to chat with us.
07:00 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey! don't know how does it really works! but... yeah, dealing with addictions and struggling with this is kind of difficult. I failed many times. I took the knife, fire or whatever was in my hands so many times. But I think the key is to find someone or something to fight for. Time ago I was into depression and the situation that woke me up was this: a girl was running against me and was crying. I hold her into my arms and told her that everything was going to be alright Yeah right? Fuck I was trying to find a way to kill myself. So then I saw a bright light (metafore) and I understood. How can everything be ok if I am not there for her?" she needed me as I needed someone time ago. So that was my purpose, my dream...I wanted to be the person I didnt have. Since,everytime I want to cut/burn...I think of her...Now I dont only think of her but in my family, friends and TWLOHA. That's how I deal with this. Find a purpose, chase your dreams, catch your own clouds. I know you'll make it :) if you want to talk more this is my twitter: browney4es ... sorry for all gramar mistakes I am from Mexico :/

We would encourage you to reach out to someone you trust in your life (friend, family, pastor, counselor, teacher, or other person) and share with them what is going on. Throughout TWLOHA’s journey, we have learned so much about the value and beauty of community. We believe people need other people, that our lives are better lived together, and we encourage you to allow people into your story, to walk alongside you through all of it, good, bad, ugly, and precious. Know we believe in you and that we are so proud of you for being bold and sharing with us. You are an inspiration. If you ever need more immediate help or information, we have a number of resources available, including resource locators, on our Find Help page. Recovery is possible and we are glad you have taken the step to reach out for help.
07:22 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hello TWLOHA staff and Jamie :) First off I want to say thank you. Like the rest of the lovely people on here, you guys have impacted me a lot. Right now is hard for me though. I've been in the process of getting help through medication and counseling for almost a year now. I'm on medication treating bipolar disorder. Things seemed to be brightening up and I had a lot of hope. My moods seemed to be leveling out and for 4 or 5 days I was doing okay! and that's a big streak for me...until last night when I relapsed and I cut again for the first time since december. I'm having a hard time holding onto hope...i've been struggling with depression since i was 11 and i'm turning 17 in a couple weeks. What do I do in the place that I am? What do I do when i've been through 3 different kinds of meds and none seem to be working? I'm just so hallow and I don't know how to fix things.
We’re sorry for the hard things you are facing right now. We encourage you to tell your counselor what is going on, if you have not already. If you do not feel comfortable with your counselor, find someone to talk to about all of this. We believe honest conversations are powerful and important, that people need other people. We also have a lot of great resources on our Find Help page. Remember to give yourself grace and kindness as you deal with all of this. You are stronger than you know, and we believe in you very much.We want you to know that you will see light again. Recovery is a process with ups and downs, but it is possible. We are here with you as you continue in your recovery and we admire the bravery it took to share with us. Thank you for reaching out and please let us know if you have any more questions.
07:40 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For me valentine's day, sucks because I love a girl, and since last year she stopped talking to me, I don't know why. And I love her so much, and now I'm suffering for that. We're not nothing, just friends, very closed friends. But also I like another 3 girls but I only love one girl. I have suffered my entire life all my life, love suck, I think that "love" is used only to control and being hypocrite with a girl.
Hey, Micah. It can be tough to lose contact with someone that you love. We would just encourage you to always be honest and up front about how you feel. Love is not a way to control or be hypocritical with a girl. We would suggest that you be up front with the women in your life, and with your intentions, and treat them with the high respect that they each deserve. Thanks for sharing with us. We wish you the best.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos