Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 22 posts
05:03 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi!

My name's Ty and I'm interning with TWLOHA this Spring! Great to hear from you all!
05:09 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hiya! I'm Arrianne and i'm from England, it's 1am here and i've stayed up just to chat to you guys :) I really love what you're doing and making people aware of Depression and what not. You've helped me in so many ways, keep doing what you're doing :)
Hey there! So great to hear from dedicated supporters all over the world! Welcome and happy valentine's day!
05:12 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hello everyone! Unfortunately I don't currently live near my family and my friends are mostly out of town tonight. Its been a lonely day but I'm glad to be here with you all now <3
Hey there allysmannequin! Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We're glad you're here as well. How is everything going?
05:14 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey everyone! Thanks twloha for doing this. Love this organization and their pay it forward outreach. You've saved my life more than once, and it's great to say in truly happy this valentines day, even without a significant other 💜
Hey there!

Thank YOU for joining us! Thank you for your kind words and for your continued support. Happy Valentine's day, and we hope to keep hearing from you!
05:17 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is my third year joining this chat and i patiently and happily wait for its return each year! this chat is the reason i was inspired to get help and start my path to recovery! it's been a bumpy road but here I am, so I have to thank the TWLOHA staff and interns for that!!
Well hey! It's so good to have you back! We're so happy you started your path you recovery. It's a bumpy road for sure, but I promise it's worth it. We, of course, wish you all the luck and stand behind you!
05:23 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Valentines ended an hour ago for us here in England! I felt pretty low in the morning, I stayed in bed pretty much until the afternoon. But my friends have just taken me out, and I've found out that I've got a job interview for this place I really want to work at today. So overall, I think it's been a pretty good day
Thinking of all the people who are having a rough time atm though <3 Stay strong all of you! My door is open to everyone if you need advice or just to let something out
Well we're so glad you stayed up to join this chat with us! We're so glad you found community to spend the day with though! Congrats on your job interview! What is the job?? And please know our door is open to you as well! Happy Day-After-Valentine's Day!
05:32 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA,
I am a definite advocate for the prevention of all the listed struggles. Daily, I am around a handful of people who are affected with the such and it breaks my heart. I want to take action and make a difference. Any starter tips, or points I should consider before I take stand? Much appreciation!
-Hannah
Hey Hannah! Our biggest piece of advice is to make sure that your personal health always comes first. If things start to get heavy or you feel like your own health is at stake, don't be a afraid to take a step back and take a deep breath. It is so awesome that you want to make a difference, and we stand with you in that! If you are interested in getting involved with TWLOHA, you can check out the Get Involved tab of our website for a variety of ways to get started! Let us know if you have any other questions!
05:36 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So good to see all these posts!
05:37 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HI TWLOHA staff-

I just wanted to say thank you for being there when I felt no one understood how I was feeling. even though our stories are all very different, they are all so similar too. After years of therapy I was prescribed an anti-depressant today and will being work with a psychiatrist. I'm scared about what this means but at the same time feel fortunate to be getting the help I know so many others struggle to find. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have people like Jamie and my best friend to keep hope alive. Thank you for everything.
Hey there, it's so good to hear from you. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. We are happy you have found a strong community to find solace in, and we hope you continue to do so. We are also so happy that you are on a road to recovery. Sometimes it seems like a huge road bump when we have to work with a different counselor or start medication, but we believe that it is so worth it. For me, the hardest part was just convincing myself to go, so the fact that you have already started that process is an awesome awesome thing. We hope you continue this journey and know that we stand behind you completely.
05:43 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so i am within five months of graduating high school and having to start the next chapter of my life. i've applied to two universities and have been accepted (conditionally) to both. however, the last few months of school i have fallen into a depressive state (that i recently admitted to my mom, and im in therapy and medication now). schoolwork started slipping by way too quickly and i started slipping gradewise in a course i usually excel at. I came out of the class with a 56 percent and I feel so insanely disappointed with myself and i am scared to tell my mother my grade because she will be disappointed also. i'm also nervous that the universities will take back my acceptance and i don't know what i will do if that happens. everything slipped out of my control and i feel so distraught and apprehensive about the future and recently i just cant see myself in it anymore. does anyone have any encouraging words they could share?
Hey there mellyonline. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We're sorry to hear that these past few months have been so tough, but we're so encouraged to see that you were able to know when you needed help and sought it out. I think the best thing to do is to be honest with your mom. She knows you're going through a tough time, and the stage you are at in life is hard on anyone, so I think she'll understand. Even if she is disappointed, it's because she loves you and wants to see you succeed. Please know how awesome and strong you are just to be so open about this part of your story. We would also encourage you to reach out to your therapist about these things you're feeling. Sometimes talking through it makes the whole situation a lot less scary and a lot more conquerable.
05:46 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Strangely Valentine's day now reminds me that it is okay to be single and that I deserve better than the abusive relationship I used to be in. We'll see wherever life takes me. I'd rather be single than unhappy in a relationship.
We absolutely agree. You deserve to be happy and healthy and ready to conquer the world! You don't need a significant other. Valentine's Day is a day for the expression of love, and we as humans can share love with anyone and everyone. It's good for the soul! We wish you much love this Valentine's Day!
05:50 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From reading a few of the posts, I find comfort in that I am not the only one who feels like...when will it be my turn at love? Facebook and Instagram today just broke my heart. It was hard to see all my friends and their gifts from their significant others. I feel so selfish when I wonder, why not me? What is so wrong with me that I don't have anything like that in mu life? It's frustrating. I try my best to be a good person and to help others and be there for everyone else but I do not feel like I have any of that in my own life or any help with my own personal struggles. I feel very alone most of the time.

Jamie and the TWLOHA team, I dream of the day that I get to meet some of you. I look up to you more than any of you will know. Jamie, you are such an inspiration and I thank you for doing what you do. You have no idea how much it means to me.

In honor of everyone at TWLOHA, those who suffer, those who we have lost, and everyone in this chat... my TWLOHA tattoo is in honor of you.
Hey there. So good to hear from you this Valentine's Day. Thank you for your encouraging and such kind words. These thoughts often plague most of us on this day, but you've got to remember that your happiness is not dependent on someone else's presence. We make our own happiness, and we have the unique ability to love others unconditionally: friends, family, random strangers. Love boldly!

P.S. We'd love to see a picture of your tattoo!
05:52 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What a great tradition we have here.
Hey there! Thanks for joining this post! We're so excited to have you here with us tonight!
05:59 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So I've been struggling with self harm for almost a year now. I haven't told anyone mostly because they just wouldn't understand. Everyone sees me as the "perfect" person. I have a great family and lots of friends. I get pretty good grades and I'm a leader in my church. I think the problem is that I have a hard time feeling like I can accept people's love for me. I don't just feel like I deserve it sometimes. I cut this week and I've promised myself I'm going to stop, but it's already been a lot harder than I thought it would be to stop. What do you think I should do if no one would understand if I told them what I am going through?
Hey there. We're so sorry to hear you've been struggling with this, but are so encouraged by your honesty and strength in sharing your story. We know how hard this time and how hard this choice is to make, but we would encourage you to reach out to a leader in your church or school, or a counselor if at all possible. We believe completely in the power of community and that seeking professional help for your struggles is a very important step. Please know that we understand what you are going through and are so proud of you for reaching out to us. If you ever want to chat more about it, you can reply or send a message over to info@twloha.com. We believe in you and in your strength.
06:08 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sigh. I am feeling very dark and empty tonight.
Hey Okami! We're so glad you're here! Thanks for joining us! Is everything okay? Is there something we can help with? Please know that you are not alone in this and that we completely believe in you and stand by you.

Check out this blog that Jamie wrote on Valentine's Day a few years ago: http://twloha.com/blog/dear-valentines-day/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos