Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 17 posts.
05:03 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hello everybody! Super excited to be here chatting with all of you. My name is Kayla and I'm from Mukilteo, Washington. Happy Valentine's Day!
05:06 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just wanted to say that you guys are so awesome for always doing this. I'm trying out recovery from self harm, EDNOS, and depression all thanks to you guys. I made the decision to turn my life around at H&L LA this year and it's been one hell of a ride just in the past month but I know it's going to be so worth it. It's seriously one of the most difficult battles I've ever dealt with, but I just wanted to thank you guys so much for being such a great organization and helping me to understand that it's okay to speak up and get help. I wouldn't be here without TWLOHA.
Hey Allissa, thanks so much for joining us tonight! We are so encouraged to hear that you are on the road to recovery. We are so proud of your for taking this important step. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you if you need some more resources. Here you can find local and national resources that might be of service to you as you continue down the path of recovery. We are so glad you were able to find hope at H&L and we hope to see you at more of our event soon! Come stop by our booth and say hello next time you're at one!
05:15 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I probably sound like a broken record occasionally positing about this, but here it goes. I suffer from clinical depression and social anxiety. Alongside this, I also have no friends. Basically, I'm lost. I have no idea what to do with life, and the loneliness doesn't help either. All I'm interested in is music, ha. I'm probably sounding a little like a whiny dude here, but my town isn't that great, either.

I've received 'help' in the past in terms of therapy. I'm currently on antidepressants. It's just hard, ya'know? I struggle to get through the days. Recently, I self harmed again for the first time in a while. Sorry, I just like to vent my frustrations. I'm kinda crying right now as I type all of this. Anyway, I want to thank you guys for being there for others, and inspiring people. You've probably so many lives, and that's something to be seriously proud of. Keep being you guys, and doing what y'all do.

Luke.
Hey Luke, we are so sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now. We are so encouraged to hear that you are receiving help with antidepressants and therapy. We believe that your best days are still ahead of you. The road to recovery is long and winding, full of ups and downs. Relapse is a part of recovery, and it certainly does not make us failures. We believe in you, Luke. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you. Here you can find local and national resources that can help you continue on the road of recovery. Please know that we stand with you as you continue on your journey. We believe in you, Luke. Your story is important and your life matters. Please know that.
05:17 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks! I'm currently working with a recovery team through my university. It's seriously one of the most stressful things I have ever gone through but I know that it will be so worth it. And also your find help page has done wonders for me in the past. Everything you guys do is great. And I always make it a point to stop by and thank you guys whenever I see TWLOHA at an event. This is my first time really working hard at recovery but I have been a huge TWLOHA supporter for years. You guys have pointed me toward help in the past and I've definitely tried it but this time I know that I will beat my ED and self harm. All of you do such amazing work and I am so thankful for this organization. :)
That's so great, Allissa! We are so encouraged to hear that you are making progress. Please know that we stand with you as you continue your recovery. We believe in you, and thank you so much for your support!
05:22 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi guys! I'm Benny from Michigan, and let me first say that I'm very, very glad that your guys' organization exists. You've helped me a few times, and I appreciate it. I've been struggling with depression and self harm for the longest time, a few years at this point, but I finally got the strength to let someone know, and as of last night, I'm on antidepressants and I really hope that it just gets better from here. I have a lot of hope, and I want to thank you guys for in part giving me the strength to ask for help. Because of a combination of you guys, my family, my friends, and my wonderful girlfriend, I'm still alive. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Hey Benny

We are so glad that you are still alive! Being honest about what you are going through is such an important step to take and we are so proud of you for having the strength to do so. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you. Here you will find local and national resources that might be of service to you as you take the next steps in your recovery. We are so proud of you, Benny, and please know that we stand with you as you continue in your journey. And thank YOU for your support!
05:27 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been in therapy since October and have yet to see results. So today I took the next step to see a Psychiatrist and get help with both medication and therapy. This is the first time in a long time I have accepted help and feel positive about the future. I never would have gotten the courage without the help from TWLOHA. So thank you thank you thank you! :)
Hey there! We are so encouraged to hear that you have taken this step. Making choices like this to further your recovery is so brave of you. We are so glad to hear that you made the decision to do so. And thank YOU for your support! Happy Valentines Day!
05:35 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have seriously attempted suicide twice now and have dealt with self harm for 10 years. I can say that it is a super hard journey in combination with a personality disorder, depression and post traumatic stress disorder i feel sort of defeated and like giving up. :(
Hey there, we are so glad that you decided to join us tonight. We are so glad that you are alive. We want to let you know that we believe your best days are still ahead of you. Your story is important, and your life certainly matters. If you have not already done so, we urge you to reach out to someone about what you are going through. We wanted to share our Find Help with you. Here you can find both local and national resources of you that could be of use as you continue your journey into recovery. Please do not give up. We have so much hope for you. We also wanted to share this blog as well. It is written by an individual who is recovering from self-injury. We hope that their words will bring you comfort and remind you that while recovery is difficult, it is most certainly worth it. Please know that we stand with you as you continue towards recovery.
05:39 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi all...Tabitha from NY here! I just want to say TWLOHA has always been there for me when I've struggled with self injury and depression. I've done well though...thanks to my antidepressants I've only self harmed once in the last few years. The last year had been so hard for me. I went through a difficult breakup after a 3 year relationship, had major surgery, got in a car accident and had part of my family cut themselves out of my life. Everything going on has been so hard for me to deal with, and I'm so afraid I will fall back into old habits....especially on days like today that remind me of how my life is not where I has hoped it would be. Hopefully I can stay strong..and I hope you all do too. Much love <3
Hi Tabitha,

Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We are so sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now, and we are so encouraged that you have made such great strides in your recovery. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you. Here you can find local and national resources that might be of service to you as you continue down the path of recovery. We believe in you, Tabitha. We believe that your story is important and your life matters. We believe that you can make it through this. Please know that we stand with you as you continue on your path of recovery.
05:44 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From reading a few of the posts, I find comfort in that I am not the only one who feels like...when will it be my turn at love? Facebook and Instagram today just broke my heart. It was hard to see all my friends and their gifts from their significant others. I feel so selfish when I wonder, why not me? What is so wrong with me that I don't have anything like that in mu life? It's frustrating. I try my best to be a good person and to help others and be there for everyone else but I do not feel like I have any of that in my own life or any help with my own personal struggles. I feel very alone most of the time.

Jamie and the TWLOHA team, I dream of the day that I get to meet some of you. I look up to you more than any of you will know. Jamie, you are such an inspiration and I thank you for doing what you do. You have no idea how much it means to me.

In honor of everyone at TWLOHA, those who suffer, those who we have lost, and everyone in this chat... my TWLOHA tattoo is in honor of you.
Hi there,

Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We are so glad that you were able to find comfort by these posts. We assure you that you are not alone. You are not the only one who feels this way. We believe that your best days are still ahead of you and we urge to to not lose hope. We are so glad that you are with us tonight, and we thank you so much for your support. Enjoy the rest of the chat and Happy Valentines Day!
05:49 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The irony that I'm actually wearing the People Need Other People sweatshirt right now! haha. And Renee's book is amazing. I'm actually having my parents send it to me from home because I know that it is a good reminder of how she got through her own struggles. I just started counseling and antidepressants a few weeks ago, it's been a tough road so far. I'm really struggling with staying on track and I know that it will be good in the long run, I'm just trying to find ways to keep me from giving up too easily. But I do suppose that you're right. I can't get through this alone and finding a support system will probably be the best thing that I can do for myself right now. Thanks!
We are so glad to hear that! We urge you to not give up on your recovery. You deserve great things in life, and we are so encouraged to hear that you are working to get yourself the hope and help you deserve. We stand with you as you continue on your journey and, again, we are so glad that you're here with us tonight!
05:54 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm going through the exact same thing. I moved 12 hrs from my family. And I miss them like crazy and have been going through a lot lately. It's hard but I have to keep remembering everything happens for a reason
Hey there,

First of all, we are so glad that you are here with us tonight! We're sorry to hear that things are a bit difficult for you right now. We want to make sure that you know we believe in you. We believe that your best days are still ahead of you. Like you said, everything happens for a reason and please know that we stand with you as you continue to adapt to these changes. Thanks again for joining us and Happy Valentines Day!
05:58 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think its so awesome that you guys do this every year. This organization has been a life saver. I recently celebrated one year of recovery from self harm and TWLOHA had a major role in making that happen. Much love to all of you.
Hey there!

Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We are so encouraged to hear that you have made it a year without self-harm. This is such an incredible step. We are so proud of you! Please know that we stand with you as you continue down the path of recovery.
06:04 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is my first time on here and super excited to be!

On a different note though, how would you suggest getting through depression and night terrors from a past experience?
Hi there,

We are super excited that you are here with us tonight! We at TWLOHA believe in the power of counseling. We would recommend checking out our Find Help page. Here we have both national and local resources that might be of use to you as you work to get the help you deserve.
06:14 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hello TWLOHA staff and Jamie :) First off I want to say thank you. Like the rest of the lovely people on here, you guys have impacted me a lot. Right now is hard for me though. I've been in the process of getting help through medication and counseling for almost a year now. I'm on medication treating bipolar disorder. Things seemed to be brightening up and I had a lot of hope. My moods seemed to be leveling out and for 4 or 5 days I was doing okay! and that's a big streak for me...until last night when I relapsed and I cut again for the first time since december. I'm having a hard time holding onto hope...i've been struggling with depression since i was 11 and i'm turning 17 in a couple weeks. What do I do in the place that I am? What do I do when i've been through 3 different kinds of meds and none seem to be working? I'm just so hallow and I don't know how to fix things.
Hi there,

We're so glad that you decided to join us tonight! That tattoo sounds awesome. We are so glad to hear that you and your dad are still with us. Thanks again for joining us and Happy Valentines Day!
06:38 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi guys, so I personally hate valentines day. Not only has it become an over-glorified love fest instead of what it originally supposed to be, it's the only time my parents seem to love each other. Why is that a bad thing? Because it takes a holiday for my parents to love each other. That's not cool. I want to know how I can get over my anger towards their attempt at love on this stupid holiday...
Thanks,
-Cass
Hey Cass,

Thanks so much for joining us tonight! We at TWLOHA believe in the power of counseling. We would recommend checking out our Find Help page. Here we have some national and local resources that might be of use to you as you work to process your feelings. We want you to know that you are not the only one who feels this way, Cass. We stand with you as you work to get yourself the hope and help you deserve.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests