Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 16 posts
06:04 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Happy Valentine's Day from the TWLOHA team! Thanks so much for joining us, we're excited to get to chat with you all.
06:13 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This Valentine's Day is sad, but not because of anything to do with relationships. One year ago my best friend gave up on me and walked out of my life and I miss him terribly. Today is especially hard. It's so lonely so I was glad to see this chat on my Facebook news feed.
We're really glad you're here with us too. We hope today you feel cared for. Please know you're not alone. You deserve to have people who care about you. It is hard to loose close friendships. We believe that we are meant to be known, to have people around us that will walk through the hard things. People that can laugh with us, and cry with us.
06:17 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You guys are fab for doing this. I live just outside of DC and I've been snowed in since yesterday so today hasn't really felt like Valentine's day (except for the 75395 posts on Facebook lol) so it's been a bit bearable. Wish we all could be sitting in a room together maybe eating some chocolate and being anti-v-day together!
Thanks for joining us from DC! We're in Florida where it's not come even close to a flurry. Can't imagine all that snow! We hope you've found reminders today that you matter, that you are loved.
06:22 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Things are okay. Thanks for asking. I recently started having some issues with depression again but I was able to ask for help. I had my first session in a while today and I actually feel pretty good about it :) How are you?
Allysmannequin, that is so awesome to hear that you were able to connect with help today. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. We know that recovery is a journey that looks different for everyone. We believe in the power of counseling -- you deserve to have a safe space to share how you're feeling.

You asked how we're doing, and our team is just happy to be able to talk with so many awesome people tonight.
06:24 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey how is everyone :)?
Hey Krisluffsyew, we're doing pretty good here in Florida. We know the rest of the country is probably dealing with a lot of snow, hope everyone is safe.
06:36 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just a question to anyone who has dealt with this kind of stuff: how have you kept on track with your recovery? I'm in the beginning stages of mine, and I know it's really difficult so I'm just wondering what were the keys, if any, in helping you get better?
Hey Allissa, we're glad that you joined us tonight for the chat. We've had the privilege to hear from a lot of people who've found help and a road to recovery. This road looks different for everyone, each person with a unique journey and story they are writing. We know that for a lot of people recovery involves seeking help from a counselor. For some, it might look like taking medication. We don't know or claim to know of a "key" to this process. But, we do know that people need other people. We know that you will need people around you, that you can share with honestly, people who can share in your victories and triumphs, but also people who can be there when you're struggling, and life feels hard. We hope you have those people in your life.

We've also heard that some people like to write or create art that they can look back over to see that journey unfold. One example of this is Renee Yohe's book "Purpose for the Pain". This is Renee's story in her words; a collection of handwritten journals documenting her journey from addiction to sobriety and pain to hope. If you want to check it out, you can find it in our online store here http://store.twloha.com/collections/...-the-pain-book.
06:40 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, I lost a friend to suicide this week. She and I are in very similar situations. I am old enough to have experienced the complete rejection of my family... I have a sister 5 years older than I am and we weree best friends for a long time. She has not spoken to me in almost 9 years. It is crazy how the distance and time has affected us. I miss her terribly and I don't really miss my mom, because I never really had a lot going on in that relationship, but I miss the idea of what your mom and dad are supposed to be like. I don't have either. I have been in a relationship for the majority of my adult life, and the man that I really believed I was going to marry very abruptly pulled away from me over the Christmas holiday and chose not to speak to me for almost 6 weeks. I am not so great on the self esteem issue at the moment, but even I can say that that is completely unacceptable and I know that I deserve more than that. He and I officially ended things a week ago today.my friends passing has made me think about a lot of things. Life seems to be so hard right now and it doesn't look like things are going to get way better anytime soon. I keep rereading her last few messages on Twitter and they continually break my heart. Some of the last things that she wrote were meant to encourage all of usto remember that life is a fight and you have to stay in it. I'm trying. Thanks for listening.
Hi Nicoleinatl, we wanted to let you know that we're going to send you a direct message right now. Our hearts are heavy for you. Please know that you are not alone. We wanted you to have access to our Find Help Resources.
07:14 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have also experienced several miscarriages and the loss of a little girl he was born to premature to survive. My heart goes out to you on this day, as I remember how hard it is to both be away from the person that you love with your soul as well as how difficult it is to not be able to hold the baby that you loved and wanted in your arms. You are mourning the loss of two Valentines today. You're not alone, and your sweet baby would not want you to feel as if you are. Take care of yourself! Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to talk.
QUOTE=hannahmaye;131051331]I'm really glad I saw this on facebook. This year is a rough one for me. This time last year I was with who I thought was my soulmate. We went through a bad patch (miscarriage) and our relationship didn't survive. I never knew how hard today would be.
I[/quote]
Hannahmaye and nicoleinatl, our hearts are so heavy to hear of both of your losses. We wanted to share with you a blog we posted in March of last year about dealing with the pain of miscarriage. It's also about fighting for hope and for love. “This is for love, this is for love, that we try again.” We hope today that you'll find reminders, no matter how small, that you matter. That it's worth fighting for love and for healing. Sometimes that even means taking a chance to let people in, to build new relationships. People need other people.

Thank you for being here. Give yourself grace and kindness tonight.
07:17 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Who came up with the idea to have this chat? It's a very awesome idea.
Hey there, the chat was Jamie's idea about seven years ago. We've also had the support of AbsolutePunk to keep this going. Thanks for being here.
07:20 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
are we allowed to inbox you guys?
Hey there, you can send us a message at info@twloha.com. Thanks for being here tonight.
07:25 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey TWLOHA team, just wanted to say thanks so much for all that you do. you're making an impact even here in New Zealand. Your blog and support has helped me so much through college.
Hey Brydee8, thanks for joining us tonight…actually it's day time for you right? Either way, we're stoked that you're here. It's encouraging to hear that you've found our blog as a source of hope.
07:30 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA staff,

I just wanted to say that y'all are awesome and hope you and everyone on here has a fantastic night!

-Jeniffer
Hey jenabd - thanks for the kind words. Glad you're here tonight. : )
07:53 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I recently relapsed again but am starting over with not cutting and just finished reading freedom from self harm. Can you give me any advice on how to fight the urges and stay on my new path?
Hi angelsduckie, thanks for joining us tonight. We're glad you're here. Thank you for sharing with us and thank you for caring for yourself. We want you to know that you're not alone as you continue to walk toward recovery. We've had the privilege of hearing form a lot of people in the same place. We hope you know that you don't have to feel like you're starting over. The road to recovery will always look different for each person. There are no two journeys or stories that are the same. We know that for some people, reaching out to professional help to help them develop coping skills has been a huge part of their story. We're glad you've found encouragement from reading Freedom From Self Harm. We wanted to remind you that we're not trained professionals, but that we exist to be a bridge to help. Here are some helpful resources about self-injury that you might want to look at on our FIND HELP page.

We also wanted to share with you a blog written by one of our interns during Self-Injury Awareness Month. We hope tonight you will give yourself grace and kindness. You deserve it. You are stronger than you know.
07:57 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey everyone-thanks so much for joining us! We are really glad so many awesome people joined us tonight.
07:58 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this chat's not even over and i'm already looking forward to next years!
Thanks! We will see you next year!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version