Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
06:04 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How do you guys view compulsive skin picking/dermatillomania? Is it self harm or something else?
06:15 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the blog post, Jonathan! Do you have any suggestions for breaking the "habit" so to speak and working my way towards recovery? TWLOHA has helped me through so much anxiety and depression, and I feel that I'm finally strong enough to start working through the pain of beating compulsive skin picking.
06:20 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jamie, I'm so inspired by everything you do. As someone who has not only struggled with anxiety, depression, self harm, and suicidal thought myself but also seen others that are so close to me struggle with the same, I'm constantly looking for ways to spread hope and healing through my words and actions. Your heart for the hurting is incredible and your advice and words of life are some of the best I've ever read. Never stop doing what you're doing :)
06:27 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys! My friend has been struggling with suicide and depression and it breaks my heart every time. This time of year is just not the best for her right now. I am so happy and proud for her that she has been able to go 10 months without self harm and next Saturday she will be heading towards 11 months. Whenever she sees my shirt, she gives a good look at it and says, "I like your shirt" :) I'm so glad to be able to talk to you guys.
I had a friend who was struggling with depression and anxiety and I was helping her through it as well. She always loved my Fears vs. Dreams bracelet that said "I'm living a story. I will not give up" and I ended up giving it to her as a little inspiration. She still wears it everyday. The littlest things can mean the most to those who are struggling to find hope <3
06:31 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
We would encourage you to seek professional help, Nicole. You can look for resources on our Find Help page and for help in your area on our Local Resources page. Another blog that could be helpful to you is Emiliy Van Atten's Ride The Wave. Remember that recovery is a process and be kind to yourself, Nicole. We want you to know that hope is real, help is real, and recovery is possible. We wish you the best in your recovery and are proud of your bravery in asking for help.
Thank you, Jonathan :)
06:40 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so i am within five months of graduating high school and having to start the next chapter of my life. i've applied to two universities and have been accepted (conditionally) to both. however, the last few months of school i have fallen into a depressive state (that i recently admitted to my mom, and im in therapy and medication now). schoolwork started slipping by way too quickly and i started slipping gradewise in a course i usually excel at. I came out of the class with a 56 percent and I feel so insanely disappointed with myself and i am scared to tell my mother my grade because she will be disappointed also. i'm also nervous that the universities will take back my acceptance and i don't know what i will do if that happens. everything slipped out of my control and i feel so distraught and apprehensive about the future and recently i just cant see myself in it anymore. does anyone have any encouraging words they could share?
It's always hard dealing with the repercussions of what happens when we let go of everything during depression. Know that you can't blame yourself for your low grades in this case. Especially now that you're on your road to recovery (let's celebrate? wooohoo! :)) don't let that bring you down. Do whatever you can to bring your grade back up and try your best, but don't beat yourself up :)
06:50 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hey there!
thats a great idea. thanks! i hope that your recovery is going well also!
Hey! About the reason to keep fighting/stay on the road to recovery...a big part of my fighting for recovery and my commitment was how much I wanted to be a story for hope for other people. I wanted to be able to share my story and how I was able to overcome, and I knew if I wanted to do that, I would have to actually stick with it myself.
07:08 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually just recently got a matching semicolon tattoo with my dad. They represent where we were at in our lives, and how we could have ended them, but didn't. The past is part of our story, but we don't let it define our lives any longer. It's a more permanent version of the "I am living a story, I will not give up" on my Fears vs. Dreams bracelet. Thanks for inspiring it, TWLOHA <3
07:40 PM on 02/14/14
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Signing off for the night, guys. It's been an incredible blessing to hear your stories, share my own story, and be brought together from all different parts of the world <3 Jamie and the rest of the TWLOHA staff, thank you thank you thank you for all that you have done and continue to do. I hope to join you for an internship soon :) Blessings to you all

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos